The Student Room Group

Study tips for IGCSE CIE 2019!

I’m an international student and I really want to do the IGCSE so later on I could study aboard (its much more easier). Next year I’ll be doing my exams (2019) and I really want to get good grades,, do you guys have any tips?

My options are:
-mathematics
-biology
-chemistry
-physics

-English first language
-business studies

*my school has a small amount in options

And any good videos or website for studies and past papers?
Reply 1
do you still need the websites?
For revision, check out:
www.znotes.org

For past papers, check out:
www.xtremepapers.co
I've made a website: revisepro.org, Where I've put a ton of fantastic resources for study, most of which are my own , that helped my get 7A*s. You can find revision notes, links to useful youtube videos explaining content, and relevant past-papers. Check it out!
Reply 4
Does anyone have any resources for English as a Second Language (0510/0511)?
Hi, I'm doing IGCSE too.

I recommend Physicsandmathstutor.com for topical past papers and summary notes

This is what I do (for science):
After I get back home, I would take my notes that I wrote in class and add more information to them using the syllabus as my guide.
- For topics that I'm confused on, I would ask my teachers for help.

Once I've done a whole topic of notes, I use flashcards and condense the information into little pictures since that helps me remember information more. (see attachment)

Once I'm finished with a topic and I know the topic by heart then I will make summary notes using the active recall method, where you try to "blurt" out all of the information you can remember about the topic, without using your notes, then cross-checking it with your flashcards and writing the information you've left out in a different coloured pen. (see attachment)

For maths, I basically just do past papers, and for the questions I don't understand, I would watch a video on it or ask a teacher.

(Sorry about the quality of the pictures by the way. I took them using my MacBook camera.)

Quick Reply

Latest