Bank account crisis! NEED HELP Watch

fm123456
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
HiI've been offered a job at MandS and they asked me to bring an account number and a sort code. However I don't have a bank account as i'm 16 and if I do apply for a card it will take me a week to get the details.So when i go there on Monday should I give my sister bank account details and ask them to pay in this account. Will they accept this???Any help guys???
fm123456
Rep:
?
Need urgent helppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
fm123456
Rep:
?
Need quick advice- as i could potentially loose this job offer!
User8612
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
When I got my first job I didn't have my own bank account yet. I explained to my boss and gave them my older brother's bank details. Then when I opened my account I updated my bank details with HR. It shouldn't be a problem.
username4136150
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by fm123456)
HiI've been offered a job at MandS and they asked me to bring an account number and a sort code. However I don't have a bank account as i'm 16 and if I do apply for a card it will take me a week to get the details.So when i go there on Monday should I give my sister bank account details and ask them to pay in this account. Will they accept this???Any help guys???
You can use any trusted bank account, so yes!!
And good luck
fm123456
Rep:
?
(Original post by User8612)
When I got my first job I didn't have my own bank account yet. I explained to my boss and gave them my older brother's bank details. Then when I opened my account I updated my bank details with HR. It shouldn't be a problem.
Thank you. But how would I explain to them to pay into my sisters account.
User8612
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Thank you. But how would I explain to them to pay into my sisters account.
All they need is the details of a valid bank account. If they ask why the account name is not yours you just explain the situation. But it won't be a problem.
threeportdrift
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Need quick advice- as i could potentially loose this job offer!
You don't lose a job offer because you haven't got a bank account! However, you can't get paid until you have a bank account to get the money paid into. You can get it paid into someone else's account if you have 100% trust in them, but you need to open your own bank account asap.

They don't need your bank details until pay day and they need to give you pay. Depending when pay day is and when you start, this can be up to 6 weeks after you start.
fm123456
Rep:
?
(Original post by Quantum Horizon)
You can use any trusted bank account, so yes!!
And good luck
Really. Will it be no hassle. So i should I give my sisters sort code and account number and that's it. No name, no address??
fm123456
Rep:
?
(Original post by User8612)
All they need is the details of a valid bank account. If they ask why the account name is not yours you just explain the situation. But it won't be a problem.
What details should i give??

And once again thanks.
username4136150
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Really. Will it be no hassle. So i should I give my sisters sort code and account number and that's it. No name, no address??
Well, you'll have to give your sisters name not sure about her address.
User8612
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
What details should i give??

And once again thanks.
It will be a standar form to fill out, I would imagine: name and address of bank, sort code, account number and name of account holder.
fm123456
Rep:
?
Have any of you guys filled a form about your bank details at M&S? What do you have to include because i'll be using my sisters account details as I don't have a bank account.
Any help would be great, especially if you work at M&S.
User8612
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Have any of you guys filled a form about your bank details at M&S? What do you have to include because i'll be using my sisters account details as I don't have a bank account.
Any help would be great, especially if you work at M&S.
You are freaking out about this and there is absolutely no reason to be freaking out. They have offered you a job. The bank details will have no impact on the job offer so long as you have the right to work in the UK (and if you're a citizen then you do). The bank details are only relevant for the salaries department to be able to pay you at the end of each month. These forms aren't complicated, there are no trick questions, and there's no secret to filling them out. Calm down.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (73)
15.97%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (46)
10.07%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (88)
19.26%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (64)
14%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (48)
10.5%
How can I be the best version of myself? (138)
30.2%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise