The Student Room Group

Edexcel A level Maths and Further Maths

Just wondering how your school's approach to teach that. My school did the Maths and Further Maths at the same time so we will be doing maths and further maths y2 in September. However, it seems that quite a lot of work in further maths will need to knowledge from Maths Y2
Our school uses your method too. We do them at the same time, but we do normal Maths fully first (for AS) and then Further Maths (for AS) so for A2 we will be doing normal Maths and then Further Maths.
Our college is teaching them at the same time as well. Didn't find it too bad considering the Further Maths work made the Maths piss easy, found it alright as long as I went over the things that I wasn't too sure of.
My college taught AS and A pure single maths this year. Along with the AS and A applied single maths. Next year we will be covering AS and A pure further maths, further statistics 1 and decision maths 1.

I really wonder if this was the best approach, I'm sure this is the way any colleges that were putting the students in to sit the single maths A level 2018.

Quick Reply

Latest