The Student Room Group

A level resits

My son was predicted an A or B in Drama A level but got a D. Everyone is shocked. His devised work was assessed as a high B, his practical scripted was watched by the tutors and thought to be of similar level. I don’t have a marks breakdown but think it might be a mess up on the written paper. Is there anyway I can find out which bit he messed up and if it is the written paper can that be reset?
Original post by Kittyb62
My son was predicted an A or B in Drama A level but got a D. Everyone is shocked. His devised work was assessed as a high B, his practical scripted was watched by the tutors and thought to be of similar level. I don’t have a marks breakdown but think it might be a mess up on the written paper. Is there anyway I can find out which bit he messed up and if it is the written paper can that be reset?

Hi, I'm sorry this has happened to him, and I hope his other results were ok!

Teachers can get exam scripts back from the boards- I believe there is a fee for this with some boards. His school should also have access to a breakdown of his marks and may be able to advise about remarks etc if he has a uni place hanging on this grade.

I believe that if this is a linear A-level, in order to resit, everything would have to be repeated, not just the exam paper.

I hope this helps a bit!
Reply 2
Original post by SarcAndSpark
Hi, I'm sorry this has happened to him, and I hope his other results were ok!

Teachers can get exam scripts back from the boards- I believe there is a fee for this with some boards. His school should also have access to a breakdown of his marks and may be able to advise about remarks etc if he has a uni place hanging on this grade.

I believe that if this is a linear A-level, in order to resit, everything would have to be repeated, not just the exam paper.

I hope this helps a bit!

Hi, I didn’t realise that’s school has access to a breakdown, it would be useful to have had this. I will ask about it. I know that course work doesn’t have to be redone on a linear exam I guess it all depends on whether practical work such as performance has to be redone.
Original post by Kittyb62
Hi, I didn’t realise that’s school has access to a breakdown, it would be useful to have had this. I will ask about it. I know that course work doesn’t have to be redone on a linear exam I guess it all depends on whether practical work such as performance has to be redone.

I would definitely ask his teachers about his raw marks, as this will better help you understand where things went wrong.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending