The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Question about Natural Sciences at Bath

Hello i currently have a place at Bristol but have just seen this course at Bath. So i was just wondering about the likelihood of me being given an offer for the natural sciences course at Bath. My a levels are A* in Environmental studies, B in Biology and C in geography. I can see that Maths A level is required so if i were to fast track maths a level this year and get an A, would i be considered (given a conditional offer based on my maths result) if i apply in 2019? I know the website says about having either chemistry or physics alongside maths and biology a level, although i would want to choose the environment with biology route. I also compete at elite level in sport so i don't know whether that would make me more likely to receive an offer? I would like to know asap so i can get started on the maths a level and decline Bristol, thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 1
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Best to call or email the admissions team to get an accurate answer.
Reply 3
Original post by quiksilver1
Hello i currently have a place at Bristol but have just seen this course at Bath. So i was just wondering about the likelihood of me being given an offer for the natural sciences course at Bath. My a levels are A* in Environmental studies, B in Biology and C in geography. I can see that Maths A level is required so if i were to fast track maths a level this year and get an A, would i be considered (given a conditional offer based on my maths result) if i apply in 2019? I know the website says about having either chemistry or physics alongside maths and biology a level, although i would want to choose the environment with biology route. I also compete at elite level in sport so i don't know whether that would make me more likely to receive an offer? I would like to know asap so i can get started on the maths a level and decline Bristol, thanks in advance :smile:

Personally, I would just take up the course at Bristol since it's also a great university. Save yourself time and energy instead of studying and sitting another 1 (or) 2 A levels. I just checked the entry requirements and you need A*AA? Which means you would need to re-sit biology. Just take your place at Bristol, mate.
Reply 4
Original post by Haiiyaa
Personally, I would just take up the course at Bristol since it's also a great university. Save yourself time and energy instead of studying and sitting another 1 (or) 2 A levels. I just checked the entry requirements and you need A*AA? Which means you would need to re-sit biology. Just take your place at Bristol, mate.

Haha ok cheers, I knew it was a bit of a long shot anyway

Quick Reply

Latest