The Student Room Group

why is a bloke a hero but a girl called a slut

I do not understand if a girl sleeps around she is called a slut yet a bloke does it he is called a hero, why?

Scroll to see replies

If a lock is opened by many keys then it’s a crap lock, but if a key can open many locks then it is called a master key.
Reply 2
When has anyone ever called a guy a hero for sleeping around
all the time here at uni
There are boys who look up to men who are successful with multiple women. It's something they might aspire to.

No one idolises a woman who is successful with multiple men.
Original post by sinfonietta
There are boys who look up to men who are successful with multiple women. It's something they might aspire to.

Are you sure about that?
Reply 6
evolutionary biology
Original post by sinfonietta

and that's also because men are easy and don't often say no. whereas getting a woman into bed can take more skill...
Original post by RichPiana
If a lock is opened by many keys then it’s a crap lock, but if a key can open many locks then it is called a master key.

A good pencil is one that hasn't been used much but a good sharpener just keeps going and going and sharpens lots of pencils.
A key that only opens crap locks isn't much of a key.
Its typically more hard for a man to get laid then a woman. A girl can look like a toad and still get attention whereas a man just has to be lucky.
Thats sexism, nothing about it logical
It's a weird, pointless attitude based on historic prejudices. Men can be seen as having it much easier to sleep with more women, the risks involved for them are much smaller. Attitudes are changing with the sex positive messages that are coming through with younger generations, and as long as everything you do is safe, sane and consensual then nothing else matters.
they're both whores.
Reply 14
Surround yourself with more intelligent and interesting people and you'll find these descriptions start to fade away.
Hes got called player which is nowhere near as negative as being called slut whore sket and all them
The guy who sleeps around with lots of women or girls isn't considered a hero! It's just his friend circle that glorifies such acts because they are as desperate as their friend to 'sleep and become popular' among others.

Girls on the other hand. I find them more mature in this case.*Most* of them aren't dying to have sex with multiple men, from my experience I feel that high number of girls look for real relationships which is more than sex. That's why ones who does such acts gets classified easily as sl## or whatever!
people will always bash each other. it's a who's more superior competition. if you're a virgin you're a prude but being a virgin is also a very good thing because it shows that you're pure?? nowadays terms like man wh*** exist as a way of putting guys down too so no one "wins."

eh. i was hoping that stuff was over but when people found out my best friend slept with someone she was the only one who got shamed for it. saying 'hero' is a bit of an overstatement imo but girls do get more negative attention about it. idk why. it's a sad double standard.
Original post by yudothis
A good pencil is one that hasn't been used much but a good sharpener just keeps going and going and sharpens lots of pencils.

You say that like a penis wears out over time :s-smilie: Terrible analogy.
Original post by Call911
The guy who sleeps around with lots of women or girls isn't considered a hero! It's just his friend circle that glorifies such acts because they are as desperate as their friend to 'sleep and become popular' among others.

Girls on the other hand. I find them more mature in this case.*Most* of them aren't dying to have sex with multiple men, from my experience I feel that high number of girls look for real relationships which is more than sex. That's why ones who does such acts gets classified easily as sl## or whatever!

There's nothing wrong with having casual sex. No-one should be called a derogatory term related to how much sex they have, no matter how many people they sleep with.

Quick Reply

Latest