Interpretation of `raw` non-linear A level law marks (AQA) (A-level results) Watch

BigDadyJDog
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm unsure how to convert raw marks which were provided by my college into UMS marks which can be interpreted by the grade boundary table released by AQA. My college careers advisory was unable to help. I attempted to use the converter provided by AQA, but the results seemed inaccurate, as it stated I was effectively at the top of the bracket for two of my results.

I'm just trying to see how close I was to an A grade, any feedback is much appreciated.

These were my `raw marks` if that is of any help (AQA EXAM BOARD)
LAW UNIT 1 (JUL 2017) - 79/100
LAW UNIT 2 (JUL 2018) - 89/0 (I'm not sure why it is provided as `/0`, but this is what appears on my college results page)
LAW UNIT 3 (JUL 2018) - 77/0
LAW UNIT 4 (JUL 2018) - 64/0

If there is nobody able to help, I'll attempt to contact AQA, thanks in advance to any feedback!
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by BigDadyJDog)
I'm unsure how to convert raw marks which were provided by my college into UMS marks which can be interpreted by the grade boundary table released by AQA. My college careers advisory was unable to help. I attempted to use the converter provided by AQA, but the results seemed inaccurate, as it stated I was effectively at the top of the bracket for two of my results.

I'm just trying to see how close I was to an A grade, any feedback is much appreciated.

These were my `raw marks` if that is of any help (AQA EXAM BOARD)
LAW UNIT 1 (JUL 2017) - 79/100
LAW UNIT 2 (JUL 2018) - 89/0 (I'm not sure why it is provided as `/0`, but this is what appears on my college results page)
LAW UNIT 3 (JUL 2018) - 77/0
LAW UNIT 4 (JUL 2018) - 64/0

If there is nobody able to help, I'll attempt to contact AQA, thanks in advance to any feedback!
Hi

Is this one of the new linear A-levels? If so, the marks you have are not quite the same as UMS, and the grade boundaries are "notional" meaning that your raw marks may not add up to the exact grade you have achieved.

You can get more information on this from AQA's website here:
https://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-adminis...daries-and-ums
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (353)
46.26%
No (81)
10.62%
I'm not old enough (329)
43.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed