Sad Watch

studentgirl08
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I get these days where I just feel sad, like today. I woke up today feeling sad with no reason at all. I just get these sudden moments of sadness on and off and I have literally no idea why I’m sad, I have no reason to be sad which pisses me off even more because there are people who have something to be sad about but here I am sat here feeling sorry for myself. When I feel like this, i have no motivation to do anything and just stay in bed all day. Does anyone else experience this? Does anyone have any advice on how to stop feeling like this?
Vinny C
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Sounds like depresson… seek medical help before it gets worse.
Queen.Of.Shadows
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
maybe it's depression.. i have a friend who was like this a long time ago and she was diagnosed with anxiety and minor depression. get checked out by a doctor.
feel better soon xx
studentgirl08
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vinny C)
Sounds like depresson… seek medical help before it gets worse.
I don’t think I’m depressed, but thank you, I will
studentgirl08
Rep:
?
(Original post by Queen.Of.Shadows)
maybe it's depression.. i have a friend who was like this a long time ago and she was diagnosed with anxiety and minor depression. get checked out by a doctor.
feel better soon xx
I don’t think I’m depressed, like I feel happy too, I’ve been happy for awhile now but all of a sudden I’m just sad again but thank you, I will. I hope your friend feels better too xx
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by studentgirl08)
I don’t think I’m depressed, but thank you, I will
Yw... Doesn't mean you're nuts, it's all down to brain chemistry.
lokidokie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Even if you don't think you're depressed, it's worth seeking some help. You have nothing to lose by doing so.
Queen.Of.Shadows
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I don’t think I’m depressed, like I feel happy too, I’ve been happy for awhile now but all of a sudden I’m just sad again but thank you, I will. I hope your friend feels better too xx
still get yourself checked out babe xx
Kindred
  • TSR Support Team
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I get these days where I just feel sad, like today. I woke up today feeling sad with no reason at all. I just get these sudden moments of sadness on and off and I have literally no idea why I’m sad, I have no reason to be sad which pisses me off even more because there are people who have something to be sad about but here I am sat here feeling sorry for myself. When I feel like this, i have no motivation to do anything and just stay in bed all day. Does anyone else experience this? Does anyone have any advice on how to stop feeling like this?
Hiya. It must be really frustrating and confusing to be feeling low with no reason. It does happen though and it's nothing to be ashamed of or anything. Just like how our bodies can go iffy from time to time with things like infections our minds can also have issues. That can be down to so many things. Depression is a common cause for it, but that doesn't mean you are depressed. It could also be stress, dehydration, vitamin deficiency, sleep issues, weather blah blah blah blah blah. Seriously there is so much going on in our lives that we don't even think about which can affect our mental wellbeing.

I would get some sort of support just cos it's easier to sort through things with somebody there helping you. That might be seeing your GP or getting in touch with a counselling service or even just talking to a friend or somebody you trust. GP is usually a good bet cos it's confidential and they are sat at the crossroads of all sorts of support and info so can really help work things out and get you feeling more on top of things. You can also talk to school about counselling although I guess that may take some time at the moment cos of holidays and all that.
Another thing you can do is hop online and check out some info and advice from sites like mind.org, childline and the mix. That can help give you an idea of what's going on in your head and how it is affected by other stuff.

Obviously this isn't a good thing to be feeling, but it's not terribly unusual loads of people feel sad for "no reason" it's more just that you don't know the reason. You don't need to feel guilty or worry about if you should be feeling how you do just focus on you how you are feeling and how you can look after yourself and feel better.
If somebody's leg was randomly bleeding you wouldn't be thinking "yeah but you didn't hey cut. Some people actually have reasons to be bleeding.". You'd just do what you could to help.
Same with your mental health. Doesn't matter what the reason is (or isn't) what matters is you aren't feeling great.

Some of the classics for helping your mental state are making sure you get enough sleep, eating and drinking enough and getting some fresh air and a little exercise (just enough to get your blood circulating and freshen you up- no need to run any marathons).
That's not all there is to it and it depends on the person and the situation, but those are like the usual suspects and even if other stuff is going on those things can sneak in and make things worse so trying t keep up with that just helps you feel not worse if nothing else.

I hope that helps. Sorry it's all a bit vague, but like I said there is just so much that can be influencing your health. Best thing you can do is have a bit of an explore in your own life and see what you can do.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
studentgirl101
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Kindred)
Hiya. It must be really frustrating and confusing to be feeling low with no reason. It does happen though and it's nothing to be ashamed of or anything. Just like how our bodies can go iffy from time to time with things like infections our minds can also have issues. That can be down to so many things. Depression is a common cause for it, but that doesn't mean you are depressed. It could also be stress, dehydration, vitamin deficiency, sleep issues, weather blah blah blah blah blah. Seriously there is so much going on in our lives that we don't even think about which can affect our mental wellbeing.

I would get some sort of support just cos it's easier to sort through things with somebody there helping you. That might be seeing your GP or getting in touch with a counselling service or even just talking to a friend or somebody you trust. GP is usually a good bet cos it's confidential and they are sat at the crossroads of all sorts of support and info so can really help work things out and get you feeling more on top of things. You can also talk to school about counselling although I guess that may take some time at the moment cos of holidays and all that.
Another thing you can do is hop online and check out some info and advice from sites like mind.org, childline and the mix. That can help give you an idea of what's going on in your head and how it is affected by other stuff.

Obviously this isn't a good thing to be feeling, but it's not terribly unusual loads of people feel sad for "no reason" it's more just that you don't know the reason. You don't need to feel guilty or worry about if you should be feeling how you do just focus on you how you are feeling and how you can look after yourself and feel better.
If somebody's leg was randomly bleeding you wouldn't be thinking "yeah but you didn't hey cut. Some people actually have reasons to be bleeding.". You'd just do what you could to help.
Same with your mental health. Doesn't matter what the reason is (or isn't) what matters is you aren't feeling great.

Some of the classics for helping your mental state are making sure you get enough sleep, eating and drinking enough and getting some fresh air and a little exercise (just enough to get your blood circulating and freshen you up- no need to run any marathons).
That's not all there is to it and it depends on the person and the situation, but those are like the usual suspects and even if other stuff is going on those things can sneak in and make things worse so trying t keep up with that just helps you feel not worse if nothing else.

I hope that helps. Sorry it's all a bit vague, but like I said there is just so much that can be influencing your health. Best thing you can do is have a bit of an explore in your own life and see what you can do.
Thank you very much! I really appreciate it x
hello_shawn
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by studentgirl101)
Thank you very much! I really appreciate it x
Are you OP lol
studentgirl101
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by hello_shawn)
Are you OP lol
What??
hello_shawn
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by studentgirl101)
What??
You're not the same user as the one that started this thread yet you responded to Kindred as if you were...
studentgirl101
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by hello_shawn)
You're not the same user as the one that started this thread yet you responded to Kindred as if you were...
Oh yes, I see what you mean. I’m the same person, just I forgot the password to the account I used on this thread. I didn’t even realise I did that lmao, thank you for pointing that out
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (164)
18.45%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (90)
10.12%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (148)
16.65%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (129)
14.51%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (85)
9.56%
How can I be the best version of myself? (273)
30.71%

Watched Threads