The Student Room Group

Lower amount for maintenance loan?

Hi, I applied to SFE a couple of months ago and asked for the extra maintenance loan amount. But when my husband submitted his income details, the amount changed to £4054. I have since submitted a form again asking for the higher amount. My husband earns £22k a year, so I am not sure of any reason why it is showing as this amount as applied for as I thought the threshold was stepped for people earning over £25K. I was working part-time when I applied but I am not anymore as I will not be able to work these hours when I start uni, and I need a break before I start. I'm worried that this is what I will get and it won't be enough.

Also, does this get paid in automatically as soon as the application is processed, or is it a set date? Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by mel_c1980
Hi, I applied to SFE a couple of months ago and asked for the extra maintenance loan amount. But when my husband submitted his income details, the amount changed to £4054. I have since submitted a form again asking for the higher amount. My husband earns £22k a year, so I am not sure of any reason why it is showing as this amount as applied for as I thought the threshold was stepped for people earning over £25K. I was working part-time when I applied but I am not anymore as I will not be able to work these hours when I start uni, and I need a break before I start. I'm worried that this is what I will get and it won't be enough.

Also, does this get paid in automatically as soon as the application is processed, or is it a set date? Thanks.

It'll sit at £4,054 until the household income information you've provided is assessed.
Reply 2
That's reassuring to know. Thanks Tom :smile:

Guess I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed ...
Original post by mel_c1980

Hi,

The £4054 is the non income assessed maintenance loan.

The current timescale for processing your husbands income details if submitted online is 16 working days from the date received.
You can contact us directly via Facebook or Twitter where we can access accounts once verified by security, we will then be able to check the current status of your request to be income assessed.

Hope this helps.
Thanks, Angela.

Quick Reply

Latest