Residential periods - confused

Watch
I'msoPi
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
1 less than a minute ago Report post
So I want to apply for accommodation but there are like three types of residential periods and the website link for explaining them doesn't make sense to me. Which one should I pick? 41 week, Intermediate or standard? I'm studying engineering if that makes a difference

http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/study/accom...ential-periods
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by I'msoPi)
1 less than a minute ago Report post
So I want to apply for accommodation but there are like three types of residential periods and the website link for explaining them doesn't make sense to me. Which one should I pick? 41 week, Intermediate or standard? I'm studying engineering if that makes a difference

http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/study/accom...ential-periods
Link doesnt work.

Intermediate residential period (Talybont Court and Talybont Gate)
  • Self-catered
  • Wednesday 19 September 2018 to Friday 28 June 2019, including all vacations.

41 week residential period (Liberty House)
  • Self-catered
  • Wednesday 19 September 2018 to Wednesday 3 July 2019, including all vacations.

Full year residential period
  • Self-catered
  • Wednesday 19 September 2018 to Friday 13 September 2019.

1. Doesnt look like you will need full year.
2. Ask department when term ends. The other period is less than a week more. It also seems to be determined just by which place you are in i.e if its Liberty House then you get 41 weeks?
I'msoPi
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Link doesnt work.

Intermediate residential period (Talybont Court and Talybont Gate)
  • Self-catered
  • Wednesday 19 September 2018 to Friday 28 June 2019, including all vacations.

41 week residential period (Liberty House)
  • Self-catered
  • Wednesday 19 September 2018 to Wednesday 3 July 2019, including all vacations.

Full year residential period
  • Self-catered
  • Wednesday 19 September 2018 to Friday 13 September 2019.

1. Doesnt look like you will need full year.
2. Ask department when term ends. The other period is less than a week more. It also seems to be determined just by which place you are in i.e if its Liberty House then you get 41 weeks?
Cool i'll shoot them an email and see what's up
999tigger
Report 2 years ago
Cool i'll shoot them an email and see what's up
Are those the three periods you saw?

If you are an undergrad then it will not be the all year contract you want and intent to go home in the holidays. I would think almost all undergrad are 41 weeks.

Then decide which residence you are interested in and that dictates the period they are almost the same from what i can see.
I'msoPi
Rep:
?
Are those the three periods you saw?

If you are an undergrad then it will not be the all year contract you want and intent to go home in the holidays. I would think almost all undergrad are 41 weeks.

Then decide which residence you are interested in and that dictates the period they are almost the same from what i can see.
Yeah I think so too. I've left an email but you're probably right. There was one more called standard which says "Wednesday 19 September 2018 to Monday 17 June 2019, including all vacations" So i'm assuming it's just a preference thing
999tigger
Report 2 years ago
Yeah I think so too. I've left an email but you're probably right. There was one more called standard which says "Wednesday 19 September 2018 to Monday 17 June 2019, including all vacations" So i'm assuming it's just a preference thing
Just ask when lectures finish. I think people like to go home sooner rather than hang out. If you are an International student you might want to stick around or not. What you describe is more or less the same.
I'msoPi
Rep:
?
Just ask when lectures finish. I think people like to go home sooner rather than hang out. If you are an International student you might want to stick around or not. What you describe is more or less the same.
Yeah i've just sent off my application (yay!) How long do you think it will take to be allocated somewhere?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
60.08%
I don't have everything I need (99)
39.92%

Watched Threads