joepaz
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I created this thread to discuss possible part time jobs that a uni student could take while studying.
A bit of background I acheivable my first choice at uni of Liverpool for accounting and finance.
fabragas27
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by joepaz)
I created this thread to discuss possible part time jobs that a uni student could take while studying.
A bit of background I acheivable my first choice at uni of Liverpool for accounting and finance.
The best job is being a security guard/Door supervisor. Hours are variable, and when you do night shifts all you can do is study while on the job. So you're making money and studying at the same time. 2 birds with 1 stone.
joepaz
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
nice one mate how would you come about that kind of job
fabragas27
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by joepaz)
nice one mate how would you come about that kind of job
Well there is a course that you need to do with SIA, who are the licensing body. Its a 4 day course which costs roughly £180. Pass the exams and then you apply at the home office for your SIA Security card. And boom, you're now a door supervisor,making 24k-26k a year (pre tax), while studying during night shifts.

P.S If anyone does decide to go down this route, become a Door supervisor, because as a door supervisor you can work as a security as well. Whereas a security guard cannot work as a door supervisor. So basically, you have more doors open if you become a door supervisor.

Good luck.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (260)
33.85%
No (508)
66.15%

Watched Threads