The Student Room Group

Help with Boiler suit etc sizing

Starting Nottingham this Sept. Have the list of compulsary clothes. Boiler suit/Waterproof jacket/trousers etc etc. Sizing guide is a little vague. Assume the sizes are unisex so for someone around 5'3" and a size 10-12 would small for the jackets/trousers or 36" for boiler suit be about right?
Sizings are very big - especially if you're female
A lot of the girls in my year had to adjust the legs on their boiler suits as they were far too long
Original post by VMD100
Sizings are very big - especially if you're female
A lot of the girls in my year had to adjust the legs on their boiler suits as they were far too long

Needle and thread then! (Good practice for suturing). Thanks.
SherlockMetson are you on the notts vet school group chat on Facebook? Send me a message if not and I'll direct you to it, we've just been having a very similar conversation over there! There are some existing prelim year students who are helping us with their advice on what comes up big/small/indifferent. I'm also 5'3 and a 10-12 (edging more towards the 12) and I was thinking of going for the 38 or 40 for the boiler suit, so that there's a bit of room in it for winter clothes underneath. Apparently the waterproofs and the small animal tunic come up big, so I will probably go for the S for those. Also been told that all clothing apart from the boiler suit/small animal tunic is exchangeable if it doesn't fit - but the boiler suit/tunic are both embossed with the student's name so they aren't swappable.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by rabbitswhiskers
SherlockMetson are you on the notts vet school group chat on Facebook? Send me a message if not and I'll direct you to it, we've just been having a very similar conversation over there! There are some existing prelim year students who are helping us with their advice on what comes up big/small/indifferent. I'm also 5'3 and a 10-12 (edging more towards the 12) and I was thinking of going for the 38 or 40 for the boiler suit, so that there's a bit of room in it for winter clothes underneath. Apparently the waterproofs and the small animal tunic come up big, so I will probably go for the S for those. Also been told that all clothing apart from the boiler suit/small animal tunic is exchangeable if it doesn't fit - but the boiler suit/tunic are both embossed with the student's name so they aren't swappable.

Cheers...it's for my daughter, not me and yes she's happily part of your Facebook chat. 😊. I agree it's the boiler suit that's the tricky one as it can't be returned. She's torn between 36 and 38. Decisions, decisions...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending