The Student Room Group

Physics or economics a level??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by omarathon
If you do take FM I'd say Physics is more fitting (despite the lack of maths, nevertheless, the mechanics is shared). However, two sciences can feel like an information overload (as there's a relatively large amount of content for the sciences), so taking Economics would be refreshing and add a level of diversity to your subject choices. I haven't done Economics so I can't really speak on behalf of it.

The school that I want to apply to actually ask you to do 4 a levels and drop one after AS, and they count maths and further maths as one a level. Would you say the science content would still be overwhelming if I did physics till AS and maths, FM and chemistry?
Original post by Randomusername5
Did economics and politics overlap a lot? Is it ok if you don't have much prior politics knowledge?

I would say there is certainly some overlap but not much. I literally had basically no prior knowledge and I found it easy enough to pick up. sorry for the rubbish reply time
Hi, I'm starting my A levels this year and am planning on doing the same options as you. I was wondering how you were finding it? Are any of them not what you expected? Thanks :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by Randomusername5
For anyone who did both, which one is easier?

Please read @arful_lounger's comment. No A-Level is easier than the other.
Original post by RickiestRick
Then why did I just that stupid f***ing A-Level

Great, now I know that, I'm also doing Maths, Further Maths and Computer Science. Combine all of this and I have a recipe for suicide.

How hard were they to do? I'm thinking of choosing the exact same subjects but maybe instead of Physics I'll choose Economics I just don't know which one is better, hence why I'm here

Quick Reply

Latest