The Student Room Group

Work experience nerves

I have work experience at a museum in a couple of days and I am extremely nervous. The dress-code is smart-ish so could i wear jeans, a black blouse and a blazer? I am going alone and I believe I will be eating lunch by myself in the town and that is very intimidating, I am also not sure what I will be doing but I know there are many old people there. This scares me because I am used to the distain for teenagers that many (stereotyping sorry) older people have. Any advice?
Reply 1
Just be yourself. And try to be confident
if you have seen night at the museum it will probably be similar to that except in the daytime
The great news for you is it's your first day so you've always got the "Yep, my bad, I'm new" card to play if you get something wrong.

Why are you worried what old people think? The intolerant ones are generally backward-minded and are unable to see the forest for the trees after their early days during which nonsensical tradition was rife and the only forms of media were posters, radio and print press. The type who wouldn't dare be seen in ASDA without smart attire.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending