KayKaukab
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am in great puzzled situation, plz guide me who to contact

I am a home student now & been residing in U.K. from a decade.
I have passed the entry stage for BA(Hons) in Univerisity of arts London , initially I was informed that I need to provide IELTS certificate to prove my English language knowledge, but then was asked to provide work details and courses which I’ve been doing in in U.K. in hope of waiving IELTS. I did so but now I got to know from uni that I need to provide an IELTS certificate before 31st of August 2018 or I will loose my conditional offer. I am worried as I don’t have time left to book a test and provide certificate in time,

Can you suggest what can I do
Thank you so much
Kind regards
mariasanchez1234
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Email them and ask if what you provided them can exempt you from taking the exam. If not, I am sorry but most definitely you will lose your offer because they usually want you to take the exam from the moment they give you an offer until enrolment and that time is running out.
KayKaukab
Rep:
?
(Original post by mariasanchez1234)
Email them and ask if what you provided them can exempt you from taking the exam. If not, I am sorry but most definitely you will lose your offer because they usually want you to take the exam from the moment they give you an offer until enrolment and that time is running out.
Thank you for replying, yes time is running fast, they kept me waiting by saying it can be exempt, but now when I have less time left I am asked to provide IELTS certificate Before 31.8.18 or I will loose my place, trying to book an exam but next IELTS exam date is towards end of August, certificate itself takes 2 weeks to come . That’s the main problem.
mariasanchez1234
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Don't forget you need to do the Academic version of the exam. Try contacting your IELTS center to see if you can receive the certificate in time. If not, there is no use in you doing the exam. Might as well take a gap year, get some work experience and do the exam when you have the time to prepare properly for it so you can have a good grade.

If you are really desperate about doing it, consider traveling somewhere to take the test. Somewhere that runs it as soon as possible and somewhere where you can get confirmation from them that you can receive the results before the deadline.
KayKaukab
Rep:
?
Don't forget you need to do the Academic version of the exam. Try contacting your IELTS center to see if you can receive the certificate in time. If not, there is no use in you doing the exam. Might as well take a gap year, get some work experience and do the exam when you have the time to prepare properly for it so you can have a good grade.

If you are really desperate about doing it, consider traveling somewhere to take the test. Somewhere that runs it as soon as possible and somewhere where you can get confirmation from them that you can receive the results before the deadline.
Appreciate your good advice, what I know from internet search is IELTS certificate take about 2weeks to come, not before , I will miss deadline even if I go for latest exam date in far away places.

I asked them to defer my place until next year & allow me to meet IELTS condition next year , uni is saying I can’t even defer a conditional offer. I have to meet the IELTS requirement to defer my place until next year. What you would advise,
mariasanchez1234
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by KayKaukab)
Appreciate your good advice, what I know from internet search is IELTS certificate take about 2weeks to come, not before , I will miss deadline even if I go for latest exam date in far away places.

I asked them to defer my place until next year & allow me to meet IELTS condition next year , uni is saying I can’t even defer a conditional offer. I have to meet the IELTS requirement to defer my place until next year. What you would advise,
I guess the only thing you can do is apply next year.
KayKaukab
Rep:
?
I guess the only thing you can do is apply next year.
I hope so
mariasanchez1234
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by KayKaukab)
I hope so
I gap year won't hurt. You can get relevant work experiences, study languages, etc.
KayKaukab
Rep:
?
I gap year won't hurt. You can get relevant work experiences, study languages, etc.
Sounds good , thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Undergraduate School of Media & Communication Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
    London College of Fashion – Undergraduate Fashion Business School Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 5 Oct '19
    London College of Fashion – Undergraduate School of Media & Communication Undergraduate
    Sat, 12 Oct '19

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (220)
23.66%
Pop (230)
24.73%
Jazz (35)
3.76%
Classical (56)
6.02%
Hip-Hop (174)
18.71%