Help on numerical reasoning question.

Watch
Keynes_101
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, would appreciate some clarification on the question below: I got confused on how to answer it during a timed assessment. So I made a guess (site 2).

Can someone please explain how to work out this type of question (and show working out step-by-step). Thanks!

Name:  Numerical.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  178.4 KB
marupe
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Divide the units produced by time taken. You can reduce the amount of calculations you do by seeing that site 1 produced less than site 2 in more time, so it must be less efficient than site 2 and you only need to work out units/hour to site 2 and 3
monkeyman0121
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Divide the units created by the amount of minutes they used to make. So remember to convert the hours into minutes. Then just see which gets a higher efficiency or see if some get the same. By doing this you are getting the average amount of produce created in one minute by each company.
Keynes_101
Rep:
?
(Original post by marupe)
Divide the units produced by time taken. You can reduce the amount of calculations you do by seeing that site 1 produced less than site 2 in more time, so it must be less efficient than site 2 and you only need to work out units/hour to site 2 and 3
(Original post by monkeyman0121)
Divide the units created by the amount of minutes they used to make. So remember to convert the hours into minutes. Then just see which gets a higher efficiency or see if some get the same. By doing this you are getting the average amount of produce created in one minute by each company.
Thanks guys. I'm getting 459.25 for site 2, which is a higher value than site 3. Appears that I guessed correctly.
marupe
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Keynes_101)
Thanks guys. I'm getting 459.25 for site 2, which is a higher value than site 3. Appears that I guessed correctly.
You also don't need to change it into minutes, as that would take more time which is essential in a NR test. You could keep hours as long as you remember 9 hours and 30 mins is 9.5
Keynes_101
Rep:
?
You also don't need to change it into minutes, as that would take more time which is essential in a NR test. You could keep hours as long as you remember 9 hours and 30 mins is 9.5
Thanks. I did it both ways, same result. Point taken! What is a NR test? Thanks.
marupe
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Keynes_101)
Thanks. I did it both ways, same result. Point taken! What is a NR test? Thanks.
Numerical reasoning
The key with these tests is to figure out ways to cut down on the number of calculations you do, because you will run out of time trying to do it properly!
Keynes_101
Rep:
?
Numerical reasoning
The key with these tests is to figure out ways to cut down on the number of calculations you do, because you will run out of time trying to do it properly!
Haha ... I'm a bit rusty. Thanks for the help. I will keep on practicing.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
you can see that #1 cannot be the winner just by comparing it with #2

so it is between #2 and #3
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (17)
13.08%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (31)
23.85%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (58)
44.62%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (20)
15.38%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
3.08%

Watched Threads