The Student Room Group

What if all your workforce gets pregnant all at one?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'd just have to hold my hands up and say "Sorry, but that was one hell of an office party!"
Reply 21
Original post by Bulletzone
How about you rephrase your statement :colonhash: I could list a large number of differences.
It was a sarcastic statement attempting to justify Islamic gender inequality and discrimination.

His argument is that because women have a womb, they can only inherit half what their brother does, and their testimony in court is worth half of a man's, and they have to pray behind men at the mosque, etc.
Original post by limetang
Assuming you’re right, why is that funny? Unless of course you’re just a sadistic monster

You reap what you sow. Schadenfreude ist die schönst Freude.
Original post by yudothis
You reap what you sow. Schadenfreude ist die schönst Freude.

“You voted to leave a free trade organisation, your people deserve to die” Sounds right.

Since you like to use German, let’s use a relavent example. After WW2 Germany did not reap what it sowed. The allies would have been justified in imposing large punishments on the German people extending to this day, they largely didn’t. They gave Germany what it needed to rebuild and allowed it (very quickly all things considered) to once again take its place in civilised society as an independent nation.

That was the RIGHT thing to do, anyone who thinks otherwise is a sadist. Same goes with Brexit, if you believe people deserve to suffer and die for it you’re.an amoral cretin.
“You voted to leave a free trade organisation, your people deserve to die” Sounds right.

Since you like to use German, let’s use a relavent example. After WW2 Germany did not reap what it sowed. The allies would have been justified in imposing large punishments on the German people extending to this day, they largely didn’t. They gave Germany what it needed to rebuild and allowed it (very quickly all things considered) to once again take its place in civilised society as an independent nation.

That was the RIGHT thing to do, anyone who thinks otherwise is a sadist. Same goes with Brexit, if you believe people deserve to suffer and die for it you’re.an amoral cretin.

Britain left a little more than that, didn't they?

Like they did after WWI? Turned out great that strategy. What punishments should there have been? Germany was destroyed. Think Aleppo and that is what large parts were like. The propping up was done by the US to block Russia, there were other interests at play, too.

The two cases are rather different, I wonder why Brits are always stuck in 70 years ago.
Original post by yudothis
Britain left a little more than that, didn't they?

Like they did after WWI? Turned out great that strategy. What punishments should there have been? Germany was destroyed. Think Aleppo and that is what large parts were like. The propping up was done by the US to block Russia, there were other interests at play, too.

The two cases are rather different, I wonder why Brits are always stuck in 70 years ago.

Yeh, the british learnt that squeezing the "enemy" for everything it is worth doesn't help enyone. Sure there were other interests at play ... but I don't think you are suggesting that the right thing to do would have been to punish Germany.

And yes the EU is an elaborate free trade bloc. The fact it has a mechanism for member states to leave and ultimately exercise their right as ultimately sovereign demonstrates this.

The two cases are different, one is a minor slight (a country very marginally saying that they don't wnat to be in your club) the other was genocide. Like I said, if you think people deserve to suffer and die as a result of brexit then you're a cretin. Though I'm yet to hear you say that rather than actually just imply it. So say it, what do you think deserves to happen to the british people as a result of brexit? Death? Starvation? Terrorism?
Yeh, the british learnt that squeezing the "enemy" for everything it is worth doesn't help enyone. Sure there were other interests at play ... but I don't think you are suggesting that the right thing to do would have been to punish Germany.

And yes the EU is an elaborate free trade bloc. The fact it has a mechanism for member states to leave and ultimately exercise their right as ultimately sovereign demonstrates this.

The two cases are different, one is a minor slight (a country very marginally saying that they don't wnat to be in your club) the other was genocide. Like I said, if you think people deserve to suffer and die as a result of brexit then you're a cretin. Though I'm yet to hear you say that rather than actually just imply it. So say it, what do you think deserves to happen to the british people as a result of brexit? Death? Starvation? Terrorism?

Britain isn't the enemy. They are its own enemy. Foreign nurses and doctors not coming anymore is not a punishment, it's Britain's own doing.

Wherever did I imply that I think people deserve to die? ****ing straw manning much? You're out of your mind...
Key workers going on maternity are a big problem
When an average worker easily replaced goes off in a large organisation ( teaching, NHS, police etc) it's doesnt really matter, but when a woman in the private sector in a key role ( key project manager etc , ) has had an employer spend time and money sending her on courses investing in her skill set only for her to get pregnant and go off for months leaving her employer struggling to find a replacement with her skills at great cost. He/she doesn't have the bottomless pot of cash anybody working in the public sector has when dealing with this.
What's worse, if it's her first child there is no reason for her to not have another two or three over the next three or four years.
Of course legally the employer can't even ask her if she is planning to do this.
It must be a contributing factor to employers not promoting younger women of childbearing age.
This problem would be solved if their partners took on more of the child raising of course only most women, especially middle class proffesional women, refuse to marry men that earn appreciably less than them.
As long as this situation continues it will never change as it makes no sense for the man to go part time when he is the main wage earner.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending