Opening a student bank account AFTER setting up student finance. Watch

Tuturu
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I set up my student finance a few months ago before I received my results to confirm I was definitely going to university. Now that I know for sure that I'm going I was thinking of setting up a student bank account but I have one question on my mind. I've been sent a code by UCAS that I need to present and my local bank in order to open the student bank account. However I can't seem to find online whether it opens the student bank account as an entirely new account that is separate to my current account or if it simply sets my current account to a student account. Also, whichever it ends up doing, will I need to contact student finance to let them know that my account is now a student account?
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Tuturu)
I set up my student finance a few months ago before I received my results to confirm I was definitely going to university. Now that I know for sure that I'm going I was thinking of setting up a student bank account but I have one question on my mind. I've been sent a code by UCAS that I need to present and my local bank in order to open the student bank account. However I can't seem to find online whether it opens the student bank account as an entirely new account that is separate to my current account or if it simply sets my current account to a student account. Also, whichever it ends up doing, will I need to contact student finance to let them know that my account is now a student account?
You should be able to change your current account into a student current account. Probably easier to make this change in branch though, so make an appointment.

You won't need to tell SFE anything unless your sort-code/account number changes.
Angela SFE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Tuturu)
Hi,

If you have changed bank accounts and received a new sort code and account number you will need to update your bank details, you can do this via your online account.

Hope this helps.
Thanks, Angela.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
7.07%
They might tell the bully (35)
9.51%
I don't think they'd understand (56)
15.22%
It might lead to more bullying (143)
38.86%
There's nothing they could do (108)
29.35%

Watched Threads