Banter society
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have just found out I'll be moving to Cardiff to study for a PhD from October this year. However, I am from and completed my original degree up North so I know next-to-nothing about Cardiff University.

As I know no one I feel it would be best to stay in a shared flat/halls which would have to be privately owned. Being a UK postgrad I am ineligible for Cardiff University halls.

Does anyone have any suggestions for accomodation that would suit a young postgraduate?
Breeee
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Banter society)
I have just found out I'll be moving to Cardiff to study for a PhD from October this year. However, I am from and completed my original degree up North so I know next-to-nothing about Cardiff University.

As I know no one I feel it would be best to stay in a shared flat/halls which would have to be privately owned. Being a UK postgrad I am ineligible for Cardiff University halls.

Does anyone have any suggestions for accomodation that would suit a young postgraduate?
Have you had a look at private halls?
Lakura225
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If their is room still available then Senghennydd Court has three buildings dedicated to postgraduate students, otherwise there's the student village. Failing that I would look for private accommodation within the Cathays area,
BridgeStreetExchangeCardiff
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There's quite a few private halls around the city.

We offer some great new rooms in the city centre and we've already got quite a few postgrads booked in, so PM us if you want some more information
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (59)
29.21%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (15)
7.43%
No I am happy with my choice (112)
55.45%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (16)
7.92%

Watched Threads