Children's nursing 2019 Watch

Kray06
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi,

Was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to make your personal statement stand out for children's nursing. Also what to expect in interviews for children's nursing, especially for Nottingham university.

I'd really appreciate the help.

Thanks!
elise68
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hi! With your personal statement I'd make sure you talk a lot about any work experience you've done and make sure you link it to how that'll help you with the nursing course.

With interviews my biggest tip really is to just be yourself. When preparing just think about how you'd answer a few questions like why child nursing, what the role entails etc. When I prepared I just bullet pointed a few ideas down of how I'd answer various questions because it's best not to sound like it's too rehearsed.

I'm starting children's nursing next month so if you've got any other questions about personal statements or interviews then feel free to ask!x
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Kray06
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Thank you so much! Xx
madison1996
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hey, I'm applying for Nottingham 2019 Children's Nursing as well, just found it useful to right as much about my experience and any transferable skills
Ellssx
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hey no advice but I’m applying for children’s nursing at Nottingham for 2019 too x
madison1996
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Ellssx)
Hey no advice but I’m applying for children’s nursing at Nottingham for 2019 too x
Are you applying to any others? x
Ellssx
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I am applying to Sheffield and De Montfort but I live in Nottingham and I have a 2 year old little boy so I will probably struggle having to commute to Sheffield or De Montfort everyday so I’m praying that I get into Nottingham x
madison1996
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I am applying to Sheffield and De Montfort but I live in Nottingham and I have a 2 year old little boy so I will probably struggle having to commute to Sheffield or De Montfort everyday so I’m praying that I get into Nottingham x
I'm applying for De Montfort, Anglia Ruskin, Nottingham, Suffolk and Bedfordshire. A lot of girls on my course are only applying for one Uni due to commitments. The whole process is so scary! x
Ellssx
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by madison1996)
I'm applying for De Montfort, Anglia Ruskin, Nottingham, Suffolk and Bedfordshire. A lot of girls on my course are only applying for one Uni due to commitments. The whole process is so scary! x
It really is!! For me I feel like I can get the grades I need but it’s more the interview and will they think I have enough experience and I’m the right person!x
madison1996
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
It really is!! For me I feel like I can get the grades I need but it’s more the interview and will they think I have enough experience and I’m the right person!x
I've just started my Access course so hoping I get mostly merits/distinctions. I've done some volunteering on the children's ward but just worried about how competitive the course is. I've seen a few Uni's near me that have children nursing in clearing which has given me hope? Just waiting for my tutor to read my personal statement and give me any suggestions then I'm all ready to submit it eeek
Ellssx
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by madison1996)
I've just started my Access course so hoping I get mostly merits/distinctions. I've done some volunteering on the children's ward but just worried about how competitive the course is. I've seen a few Uni's near me that have children nursing in clearing which has given me hope? Just waiting for my tutor to read my personal statement and give me any suggestions then I'm all ready to submit it eeek
You sound like you’ve got a good chance!! I’ve done the level 3 health sciences. On my second and final year now. Last year I got all my work at a distinction so hopefully I can do the same again!
I did 6 months experience at a pre school! I think I need to do some more experience really just not sure what to do!
madison1996
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
You sound like you’ve got a good chance!! I’ve done the level 3 health sciences. On my second and final year now. Last year I got all my work at a distinction so hopefully I can do the same again!
I did 6 months experience at a pre school! I think I need to do some more experience really just not sure what to do!
I just contacted my local hospital but I think any experience with children is good. My sister has just become a qualified nurse and said as long as you understand the role of the nurse and the difficulties they can face you should be fine x
Michael2016
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I am reapplying for 2019 and I am reapplying to Nottingham again, the interview is a MMI(Multiple Mini Interviews). It's was my most comfortable and easy interview and I cannot wait to do it again. I'm also applying to Manchester and Chester and I am still looking for two other options... any ideas?
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I'm Applying for Children's nursing 2019 as well- I'm just hoping I get into at least 1 of the 5 uni's I apply to :s
I'm doing Chem, Psych and RS in a levels aswell- finding writing my personal statement v. hard though.
Katherine x
username4292354
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hey,

I've sent off my application for children's nursing to Nottingham Uni, Manchester Uni, Sheffield Hallam, DeMontfot and Huddersfield

Already feeling VERY nervous for interviews and i haven't even heard back yet, has anyone else sent theres of??
_mollyhealy_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I’ve applied to Manchester, Birmingham, Southampton, keele and Anglia Ruskin !!Has anyone heard anything back yet about interviews yet? X
_mollyhealy_
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Have you heard anything back from Manchester yet ?? X
University of Huddersfield
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by username4292354)
Hey,

I've sent off my application for children's nursing to Nottingham Uni, Manchester Uni, Sheffield Hallam, DeMontfot and Huddersfield

Already feeling VERY nervous for interviews and i haven't even heard back yet, has anyone else sent theres of??
Hey
If you have any questions about studying at Huddersfield, let us know
Speak soon,
Rachel
jadiebelle
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by _mollyhealy_)
Have you heard anything back from Manchester yet ?? X
I haven’t heard back specifically, had an email from them saying they’re considering my application but that’s all. Waiting is driving me crazy have you?? X
Last edited by jadiebelle; 4 months ago
_mollyhealy_
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Just been invited to my first interview at Anglia Ruskin University!! I’m going on the 31st October , is anyone else going ??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (44)
12.12%
Yes - a food allergy (39)
10.74%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (11)
3.03%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
2.48%
No (260)
71.63%

Watched Threads