The Student Room Group

HeLP 🙏🏼🙏🏼

Hi,
Having a ‘can’t get to sleep’ crisis and I’m stressing about my life. I’m in y12 (about to go into y13) and have decided I want to take a gap year rather than going to uni straight away as I don’t know what course I want to do there.

The problem is I don’t know what to do in my gap year. I know I want to travel but equally I need to do something that pays, either a job or a paid internship or something.

The subjects I take at the moment are: English Literature, Drama and Psychology.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!
One option that you might want to consider would be teaching English abroad. You can get a TEFL qualification online and find a school or through a company that place you in a school somewhere. This way you can get paid to teach and see a new country.
You could also work as an aupair for either an English speaking family or another language if you know or can learn another.
If you want a bit more flexibility you could get a working holiday visa somewhere like Australia and then just work small part time jobs like waitressing or something like that and travel a bit more.
There are loads of options that allow you to travel and work and lots of companies that can help you with this, good luck I hope you enjoy whatever you do
Reply 2
Original post by Heather.J
One option that you might want to consider would be teaching English abroad. You can get a TEFL qualification online and find a school or through a company that place you in a school somewhere. This way you can get paid to teach and see a new country.
You could also work as an aupair for either an English speaking family or another language if you know or can learn another.
If you want a bit more flexibility you could get a working holiday visa somewhere like Australia and then just work small part time jobs like waitressing or something like that and travel a bit more.
There are loads of options that allow you to travel and work and lots of companies that can help you with this, good luck I hope you enjoy whatever you do

Thank you so much for ur reply, this has given me a bit to research and think about.

Quick Reply

Latest