The Student Room Group

are sixth forms strict on results day

the sixth form i want to attend is pretty well known and has pretty high standards. im doing bio chem geo and politics and think i will meet the requirements to study them (7), but to do chem i need a 7 in maths and i am pretty sure i wont get it judging by how bad the exams went. do sixth forms with high standards tend to be really strict down to the last grade or am i overreacting.
Original post by halimah786
the sixth form i want to attend is pretty well known and has pretty high standards. im doing bio chem geo and politics and think i will meet the requirements to study them (7), but to do chem i need a 7 in maths and i am pretty sure i wont get it judging by how bad the exams went. do sixth forms with high standards tend to be really strict down to the last grade or am i overreacting.

They often are, yes
Original post by halimah786

My advice would be not to worry about it now. Worrying about your results and what happens if things go wrong is perfectly natural, but I say cross that bridge when you come to it. If it does transpire that you've missed the entry requirements, then the thing to do is to talk to the sixth form and see if they will take you anyway. The chances are that they might.
You may have gotten the required grade, so don't panic or anything. They might be lenient, they might not.

All I would say is you could start thinking about a plan b if worst comes to worst and you can't take the course you want.
Reply 4
alright, thanks for the advice guys

Quick Reply

Latest