SamuelSLH
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey guys. Im thinking about my uni course and I don’t know whether to do French and Chinese or Business Management and Chinese. I’m looking at Manchester and Man Met. What do u guys think will be the better option? I will continue to learn other languages outside of uni also.
Tilly_Barnard
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I've been accepted by Manchester to do German and Business Management (so this might be a bit biased, lol) and all I can say is that the Modern Language and Business Management (MLBM) courses seem to be put-together very well (especially in comparison to other universities) I suppose you should consider which of the two courses gives you broader career prospects. Also you gotta look carefully at each module in the courses and choose the one that interests you most, otherwise you'll get bored and that will suck. Personally, I think Chinese with business would be great as the Chinese economy is very strong and you could make a lot of money from that degree. However that's not to say that Chinese and French won't open up a lot of opportunities too. I think some universities offer some free-choice credits which may be useful to look into so then you can do all 3 subjects to a certain extent e.g. Chinese and French with a few credits of business or vice versa but you'll have to research that some more as I'm not 100% sure which unis offer it. I hope that helped and wish you luck with your applications
SamuelSLH
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Tilly_Barnard)
I've been accepted by Manchester to do German and Business Management (so this might be a bit biased, lol) and all I can say is that the Modern Language and Business Management (MLBM) courses seem to be put-together very well (especially in comparison to other universities) I suppose you should consider which of the two courses gives you broader career prospects. Also you gotta look carefully at each module in the courses and choose the one that interests you most, otherwise you'll get bored and that will suck. Personally, I think Chinese with business would be great as the Chinese economy is very strong and you could make a lot of money from that degree. However that's not to say that Chinese and French won't open up a lot of opportunities too. I think some universities offer some free-choice credits which may be useful to look into so then you can do all 3 subjects to a certain extent e.g. Chinese and French with a few credits of business or vice versa but you'll have to research that some more as I'm not 100% sure which unis offer it. I hope that helped and wish you luck with your applications
Thanks for your response the thing is I have quite limited mandarin language ability, I’ve just started learning it through apps; this is on top of self studying french and spanish. Would the uni let me start from a beginner level? Or would I have to take like a placement test so they know my ability?
Tilly_Barnard
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah I believe you can start at beginners level without needing to take any tests. Unless you have an A Level in the language, they will always start you at beginners level.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (220)
33.64%
No (434)
66.36%

Watched Threads