The Student Room Group

I’m not talented. WHY??

I’m 16 and I’m not talented and I don’t have any hobbies cuz I’m not good at anything and it really annoyed me because all of my friends are good at stuff like they act and sing and dance and I can’t do any of that and it hurts cuz they all have shoes on and everyone is proud of them but then I’m here Same old person who can’t do anything ...
Original post by Cat123xx
I’m 16 and I’m not talented and I don’t have any hobbies cuz I’m not good at anything and it really annoyed me because all of my friends are good at stuff like they act and sing and dance and I can’t do any of that and it hurts cuz they all have shoes on and everyone is proud of them but then I’m here Same old person who can’t do anything ...

You can always pickup an instrument or learn a skill.
You have to think of something that interests you, even if only a little, and pick it up to see if it becomes a passion. Practise in it regularly, and that can be a talent.
Think of the individual things you are good at too- like noticing small things, having a good memory, etc. which help in different things like being able to draw well, learning languages quickly and dancing
Reply 3
Original post by Blue_Cow
You can always pickup an instrument or learn a skill.

Ive tried piano, violin, trumpet and glockenspiel also what do you mean a skill
(edited 5 years ago)
Ive tryed piano, violin, trumpet and glockenspiel also what do you mean a skill

Programming? Sports? Drawing? Painting?
Reply 5
Original post by NotYourAuntCarol
You have to think of something that interests you, even if only a little, and pick it up to see if it becomes a passion. Practise in it regularly, and that can be a talent.
Think of the individual things you are good at too- like noticing small things, having a good memory, etc. which help in different things like being able to draw well, learning languages quickly and dancing

That’s the thing tho I don’t have interests in anything and you say think of the small things you are good at but I’m not good at anything not even small things
Reply 6
Original post by Blue_Cow
Programming? Sports? Drawing? Painting?

Well I’m no good at art even my school art teacher told me This I’ve tried loads of sports and what is programming
Well I’m no good at art even my school art teacher told me This I’ve tried loads of sports and what is programming

Don't let your art teacher speak for you. I assume they mean computer programming, which has to do with building and designing a computer program.

As for learning to play an instrument, I've always thought about learning to play piano, I haven't yet but it would make a great talent. That or the flute?
That’s the thing tho I don’t have interests in anything and you say think of the small things you are good at but I’m not good at anything not even small things

Well everyone has something they’re good at. Really, you have to. Ask your friends, family and basically people who know you well and they will tell you what little things you’re good at, as it may just be that you’re bringing yourself down
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by NotYourAuntCarol
Well everyone has something they’re good at. Really, you have to. Ask your friends, family and basically people who know you well and they will tell you what little things you’re good at, as it may just be that you’re bringing yourself down

Okay thank you
Reply 10
Original post by TheMightyAcorn

Don't let your art teacher speak for you. I assume they mean computer programming, which has to do with building and designing a computer program.

As for learning to play an instrument, I've always thought about learning to play piano, I haven't yet but it would make a great talent. That or the flute?

Okay thank you and you should try playing the piano or flute
Talent is mostly hard work and practice. Knuckle down and put in the hours, real focus hours, not just turn up hours, rather than expecting it to just happen.

I suggest taking a look at day trading. Some people have a hidden undiscovered flare for day trading and become really good at it. It's productive as well.

You're not talented because you haven't found out what you're talented in yet. You got to discover it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending