The Student Room Group

I dont know what i want to do for uni

i finished my GCSEs, but now i don't know what to choose for A levels
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Psych0919
i finished my GCSEs, but now i don't know what to choose for A Levels, because i don't know what field i want to study in, Art, or English?
Please Help me!

Which do you enjoy more? That's a big thing- what you enjoy you will want to do the work and ulttimately do better in it, too. In terms of keeping your options open English will more, but that's not to say don't do art at all. What other subjects are you doing, too?

You could always ask to try both for a couple of weeks and decide :smile: have a look at what you'll be doing in English, which books etc, and see if it interests you. Art is a lot of work but obviously rewarding, and a lot of people love it. @anon_98 did both so she can probably tell you specifics if you want them!
Original post by Psych0919
i enjoy both i love english, and art is a hobby, im planning on picking photography, as well.

Art and photography together would be an awful lot of work! English would give you a bit more range and you can obviously still continue art as a hobby. Try not to worry too much about uni just yet but just be aware that if you have more of a range now, you'll have more options then too :smile:
Oh yeah definitely possible! Just hard work and stressful at times I'd imagine- not that other subjects aren't. I was mostly trying to say if you're not sure what to do afterwards then maybe good to have more of a range (eg english maths and art!) than all similar. But obviously if you are sure and it works for you then great!
People underestimate arts subjects so much. But wow, that is absolutely amazing! I'm not surprised, worth it though! Good luck :biggrin:

Back to the OP, ditto the above :smile: Personally I would do English, art or photography then whatever your third subject is, then you keep your options open while hopefully enjoying it too. The point about linear art subjects is good too and worth thinking about, there's nothing to stop you taking both for a couple of weeks then dropping the one you like least though. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest