The Student Room Group

Looking for general advice on remarkis!

I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on whether I should get my economics remarked or possibly just a review of marking. I got 258 out of 335 which is an A, but an A* is 261, hence I was very close. It’s virtually impossible for me to go down a grade as that would mean dropping over 30 marks. I don’t need the A* as I’ve already got the grades I needed but still if I can get a better grade then I think I should try. Overall: Is there any point in getting a remark if I don’t need it and what are the chances of it going up.
Thankyou!
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by TristanCc
I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on whether I should get my economics remarked or possibly just a review of marking. I got 258 out of 335 which is an A, but an A* is 261, hence I was very close. It’s virtually impossible for me to go down a grade as that would mean dropping over 30 marks. I don’t need the A* as I’ve already got the grades I needed but still if I can get a better grade then I think I should try. Overall: Is there any point in getting a remark if I don’t need it and what are the chances of it going up.
Thankyou!

There are lots of threads with someone 3 marks short.

Just weigh it up the its personal choice.
pros move to A*, relevant for uni- but you are already in your chosen uni.
Cons cost and small risk you will go down.

Most likely nothing will happen
Then it will go up
Then you lose a whole grade.
Reply 2
Thanks for your response. Yeh I don’t need it at all for uni but would definitely be nice to have. Also are you sure there’s a small chance my grade could go down, just because I was so far away from a B that I just see that as unlikely?

Quick Reply

Latest