Any Questions? Fellow TSRians
Helios33sa
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by PrincessBO$$)
Do you think Somalia will ever become a decent country to live in?
HeartBlink
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How can you be PrincessBO$$?
Purplemonkeys
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What is the meaning of life?
OGGUS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What course you doing at uni? And whichuni?
Viva Emptiness
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Why do you feel pride for something you had no say or part in whatsoever?
GreenBell
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What do you think of other East Africans?
Are you/will you be in a relationship with a Somali?
hezzlington
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Other than 'culture' and 'history', what exactly are you proud of?
GreenBell
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Why do Somalis get really pissed off when you call the Somalian?
i<3gamergirlpee
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
omg that is one EPIC profile pic.... feminzai sjw libtar nae naed????
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
do you know you look like Hilary Clinton ?

:holmes:
i<3gamergirlpee
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by the bear)
do you know you look like Hilary Clinton ?

:holmes:
hilaruy LIBNTARD cliton?!??! YUCK libtar smelly democrap TROLLED and tsr poster DESTROYUED trololol lefitist tTRGGGIIRERReD?
Viva Emptiness
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Who makes an AMA then doesn't answer any questions?
roronoa1zoro
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Whats your intake on Clans existing in somalia and do you think that its outdated and the somali people should move on from it?

In addition, do you hate the Ethopians?
goggleyed
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Is Somalia a poor country?
roronoa1zoro
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Awarsame5)
Do you think Somalia will ever become a decent country to live in?
"During the classical era, several ancient city-states such as Opone, Mosyln and Malao that competed with the Sabaenes, Parthians and Axumites for the wealthy Indo-Greco-Roman trade also flourished in Somalia. In the Middle ages, several powerful Somali empires dominated the regional trade including the Ajuran Sultanate the latter of which maintained profitable maritime contacts with Arabia, India, Ventina, Persia Egypt, Portugal and as far away as China. This tradition of seaborne trade was maintained in the early modern period by later Somali states such as the Gobroon Dynasty." - not my words

In the 1960s, it was one of the most wealthiest countries in the Arab league and in Africa at the time............. But that all changed when the fire nation attacked - Joking , a dictator came along and waged a war on Ethiopia to get back the land that was once belonged to the Somalis (Oganden, which is roughly the same size as the UK), they won back most of the land and held it for a while until the soviet union sent Cuban troops and a lot of aircraft to push back the Somalis; the loss of the war divided country and it went into turmoil and many men whom had backing all try to fight for power; Somalia can be great when it wants to, but only when the Clans are not in war with each other and the big states back the federal government. Unlike many countries, Somalia has untapped resources and substantial amount of unexploited reserves of oil which would considerably help revive the country back from the ashes. Some people might even argue that its a decent place to live in right now in places such as hargeisa; The terrorist group Al Shabab is somewhat beaten and Somali is currently at the stage of rebuilding itself. Many investors are currently investing in the construction of houses and holiday resorts in Mogadishu. I wish I had money to invest because their is definitely an opportunity gap in Somali right now.
Sven_778
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Are you from Leicester?
Because there is a sizeable population here.
Helios33sa
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by roronoa1zoro)
"During the classical era, several ancient city-states such as Opone, Mosyln and Malao that competed with the Sabaenes, Parthians and Axumites for the wealthy Indo-Greco-Roman trade also flourished in Somalia. In the Middle ages, several powerful Somali empires dominated the regional trade including the Ajuran Sultanate the latter of which maintained profitable maritime contacts with Arabia, India, Ventina, Persia Egypt, Portugal and as far away as China. This tradition of seaborne trade was maintained in the early modern period by later Somali states such as the Gobroon Dynasty." - not my words

In the 1960s, it was one of the most wealthiest countries in the Arab league and in Africa at the time............. But that all changed when the fire nation attacked - Joking , a dictator came along and waged a war on Ethiopia to get back the land that was once belonged to the Somalis (Oganden, which is roughly the same size as the UK), they won back most of the land and held it for a while until the soviet union sent Cuban troops and a lot of aircraft to push back the Somalis; the loss of the war divided country and it went into turmoil and many men whom had backing all try to fight for power; Somalia can be great when it wants to, but only when the Clans are not in war with each other and the big states back the federal government. Unlike many countries, Somalia has untapped resources and substantial amount of unexploited reserves of oil which would considerably help revive the country back from the ashes. Some people might even argue that its a decent place to live in right now in places such as hargeisa; The terrorist group Al Shabab is somewhat beaten and Somali is currently at the stage of rebuilding itself. Many investors are currently investing in the construction of houses and holiday resorts in Mogadishu. I wish I had money to invest because their is definitely an opportunity gap in Somali right now.
Wow. Thanks for that very educated response. If you dont mind me asking are you Somali yourself?
Helios33sa
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Why the **** would you make a AMA and answer no questions? It's been nearly 2 days.
NctzenMark99
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm a Somali from Somaliland which sadly isn't recognised as a country but hopefully one day it will be. I love our fellow East Africans. I can't speak for Somalia but in Somaliland we have a stable government and it's a very developing country. I went there last year and was so shocked at how pretty the country was and how developed it was. Hopefully one day Somaliland will become its own country and the rest of the world can see how much of a beautiful country it is.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (145)
14.4%
I'm not sure (42)
4.17%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (302)
29.99%
I have already dropped out (26)
2.58%
I'm not a current university student (492)
48.86%

Watched Threads