The Student Room Group

Burnout.

I believe I am burnt-out, the symptoms match up but can't figure out how to get out of it as I have 2 weeks to do so. I think it began on mock week, there was a lot of stress; perhaps one of the most stressful situations in my life close to moving house and stuff, and after mock week I still haven't recovered, 4 months later. Can someone give me advice please as I'm starting triple science soon and if I'm not up to standard will be kicked off.
Hiya! I’m guessing that you are moving into Year11 now? I was in exactly that same position. I feel like I put my all into the Year 10 GCSEs, and I honestly wasn’t ready for the pressure. I handled it like **** to be honest. You need to find something that you enjoy. Preferably a sport, something that you could use up all of your energy in. It may not sound related, but it is. As soon as you have designated work and play times, then you will feel yourself improving. Trust me. I had to go for counselling for my school-related anxiety this year, and I’d be happy to give you tips if you need them! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by brb revising
Hiya! I’m guessing that you are moving into Year11 now? I was in exactly that same position. I feel like I put my all into the Year 10 GCSEs, and I honestly wasn’t ready for the pressure. I handled it like **** to be honest. You need to find something that you enjoy. Preferably a sport, something that you could use up all of your energy in. It may not sound related, but it is. As soon as you have designated work and play times, then you will feel yourself improving. Trust me. I had to go for counselling for my school-related anxiety this year, and I’d be happy to give you tips if you need them! :smile:
How long did it take you to recover?
From year 10 stress, honestly, I’m not sure. I went through both year 11 and 12 in a haze, of being passed the point of being stressed. Admittedly, I was happy at the end of GCSE and AS, so, maybe it affected me less than I thought?
Reply 4
From year 10 stress, honestly, I’m not sure. I went through both year 11 and 12 in a haze, of being passed the point of being stressed. Admittedly, I was happy at the end of GCSE and AS, so, maybe it affected me less than I thought?
Do you think it would be possible to recover in 2 weeks?
Original post by beefybarry
Do you think it would be possible to recover in 2 weeks?

Honestly, do you think you overworked yourself, or were suffering with school-related anxiety? Because the recovery time differs
Reply 6
Honestly, do you think you overworked yourself, or were suffering with school-related anxiety? Because the recovery time differs
I think it was stress caused.

Quick Reply