The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Getting into UCL, worried about acceptance!

hey guys so I'm an 18 year old student who is heading for her senior year in high school in Cyprus. The university that I want to get into (very badly actually) is UCL and I want to enter their Pharmacology course. My a levels include Chemistry A*, Physics B and Modern Greek A. My math a level will be completed this year along with my Biology a level, both my AS though are A. In total i will have five a levels and predicted grades of A*AAAB. UCL requires a minimum criteria of AAB so im well aware that my results are good. However none of my a levels are cashed in (meaning not officially published as completed) other than my Modern Greek one and my chemistry and physics a levels have both resits. Also 3 of my a levels were completed this year while my other ones will be completed come September. Will that be a problem or do I have good chances of getting in?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Volibear
I don't know what you mean by 'cashed in', but the UCAS deadline here in the UK is the 15th January 2019 (or around that time). Assuming it's the same for international applicants, you'll all the grades you need by then right?

I'm sorry for the confusion. What I meant was that when asking around I was told that its prefered that all your a levels are done in the same year which is not the case for me as 3 out 5 were done this year and the other in this following year. It hence worries me as it might pose an issue. Also what I meant by cashed in is that my a levels arent officially completed. By not cashing in your a levels you allow yourselt to resit the a level and to have the total a level mark come out after the completion of all units and resits. To put it more simply its like a sentence without a period. I dont know if its clear now 😂. The reason why I'm asking here is to find out whether my 2 resits and the fact that my a levels werent completed in 1 year will affect my chances of getting into UCL
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Hi,

Firstly well done on your grades!

In my experience (I got into UCL with an A-level completed two years before the rest and having re-sat my AS levels) they are more concerned about your personal statement, relevant experience, etc. Competition is fierce, but as long as you can link your subjects (and the order in which you took them) to the degree you're applying for you stand a very strong chance, especially since you have already achieved the grades.

Good luck!
Reply 3
Original post by IxJ
Hi,

Firstly well done on your grades!

In my experience (I got into UCL with an A-level completed two years before the rest and having re-sat my AS levels) they are more concerned about your personal statement, relevant experience, etc. Competition is fierce, but as long as you can link your subjects (and the order in which you took them) to the degree you're applying for you stand a very strong chance, especially since you have already achieved the grades.

Good luck!

Thank you! First of all congradulation for being in UCL! you made me feel better!! 😸

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending