Degree apprenticeship 2019 applicant thread- Watch

zm98
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Compared to regular degrees of similar standard ?
senpanda
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Regular degrees are barely any competitive at all😂

Degree apprenticeships have limited spots with hundreds or more aplicants... Some have up to 10 positions per intake and hundreds if not more applying.
(Original post by zm98)
Compared to regular degrees of similar standard ?
zm98
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
What do you think the applicant interview to entry ratio is ?
gelle
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Anyone applied to Unilever? Did my interview video like over 2 weeks ago pretty sure I’ve failed that by several miles started laughing midway when my laptop fell but they sent last week an acknowledgment email saying it’s under review or something??

TFL?? Did my video interview like almost a month ago and 3 weeks ago they asked me to redo my second question but still haven’t heard back since.

BP, IBM?? I applied to IBM but didn’t get an acknowledgement email or anything for receipt of my application.
gelle
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Anyone else hating the technology overload of these selection processes? I’ve had to play several games to determine whether I’m suitable for a role in business management? I’ve failed all the game based ones yeah I probably have a low iQ but I just find them quite tedious and unreliable
senpanda
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I dont know really, so dont want to give an uneducated guess
(Original post by zm98)
What do you think the applicant interview to entry ratio is ?
senpanda
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I've heard TFL is a bit of a mess with their process, give them a call.

IBM usually gives you a reply fast from what I heard after meeting some of their apprentices... Give them a call.
(Original post by graceelle)
Anyone applied to Unilever? Did my interview video like over 2 weeks ago pretty sure I’ve failed that by several miles started laughing midway when my laptop fell but they sent last week an acknowledgment email saying it’s under review or something??

TFL?? Did my video interview like almost a month ago and 3 weeks ago they asked me to redo my second question but still haven’t heard back since.

BP, IBM?? I applied to IBM but didn’t get an acknowledgement email or anything for receipt of my application.
gelle
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by senpanda)
I've heard TFL is a bit of a mess with their process, give them a call.

IBM usually gives you a reply fast from what I heard after meeting some of their apprentices... Give them a call.
Okay thanks for your response. Yeah with IBM I applied on the opening date which has been over a month ago so i’ll ring both thanks
zm98
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Anyone else applied to Goldman Sachs ?
sterling12
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Regular degrees are barely any competitive at all😂

Degree apprenticeships have limited spots with hundreds or more aplicants... Some have up to 10 positions per intake and hundreds if not more applying.
if you had the grades for a uni like Manchester, oxford, ucl, icl would you choose it over an apprenticeship? When I was in school I noticed that the people that opted for an apprenticeship where usually the ones with low grades.
Last edited by sterling12; 5 months ago
zm98
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
What typical grades do competitive degree apprenticeships look for
senpanda
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I did have the grades to do so... I just didnt apply to unis because of their ranking (thats stupid as hell imo).I did finish year 1 in university that was marked lower, which I picked as I liked the facilities and the course. I have now dropped out and pursued an apprenticeship instead of going to year 2.

This is the misconception people have - A degree apprenticeship is not your typical apprenticeship... You ARE in university, you're just working full time and studying once a week for a DEGREE.

I never looked back and would pick an apprenticeship any time of the day.
(Original post by sterling12)
if you had the grades for a uni like Manchester, oxford, ucl, icl would you choose it over an apprenticeship? When I was in school I noticed that the people that opted for an apprenticeship where usually the ones with low grades.
sterling12
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by zm98)
minimum is a C and you need 3 a levels
senpanda
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
You can find all this online on the companies websites. Grades dont matter as much as who you are as a person, and your passion.
(Original post by zm98)
sterling12
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I did have the grades to do so... .I did finish year 1 in university that was marked lower, which I picked as I liked the facilities and the course. I have now dropped out and pursued an apprenticeship instead of going to year 2.

This is the misconception people have - A degree apprenticeship is not your typical apprenticeship... You ARE in university, you're just working full time and studying once a week for a DEGREE.

I never looked back and would pick an apprenticeship any time of the day.
I just didnt apply to unis because of their ranking (thats stupid as hell imo)

What does that even mean ? I asked if you had received an offer to study at oxford, would have chosen your apprenticeship? Just a yes or no answer

What grades did you get?
senpanda
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I'll refrain from answering questions if that is your attitude. Good luck in your applications!
(Original post by sterling12)
I just didnt apply to unis because of their ranking (thats stupid as hell imo)

What does that even mean ? I asked if you had received an offer to study at oxford, would have chosen your apprenticeship? Just a yes or no answer

What grades did you get?
sterling12
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I'll refrain from answering questions if that is your attitude. Good luck in your applications!
loool what attitude? all I was asking was for some clarification. I never understand people like you. I asked a simple question and all of a sudden there's something wrong with my attitude? smh. you're clearly the one with thw attitude lol
sterling12
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
If so, word your questions correctly.

You did not mention "Getting an offer", you mentioned getting the grades, which I did (D*D*D in Mechatronics)which can get you to the universities you mentioned.

And you now edited your original response. Saying "Just yes or no answer" is extremely rude, especially when you are asking for advice/help.

I literally have 0 benefit from answering questions to anyone here, I only do so out of good will as I wish people did the same to me when I was applying.

I will not answer any questions further on under the forum, feel free to DM me people.

Good luck to everyone!
"Regular degrees are barely any competitive at all😂"

what if I told you that was extremely rude too and that you have a bad attitude?

snowflake lol
sterling12
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Thats a fact though...

Thank god the interviewing process exists in companies.

You'll need luck, snowflake😉
It may be a fact but what's so funny about it? If I laughed at the fact that you did a btec and that btecs are easy, would you be happy? I am just giving you a taste of your own medicine here lol

And if you passed the interview process, what makes you think I can't? Did I tell you I was going to be doing an apprenticeship?

you definitely have issues mate. You talk like you're some genius when you are clearly not. you've got yourself an apprenticeship so now you think you're some genius? aaaaaahh

what apprenticeship are you doing?
sterling12
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Lmao, this person is deluded..

Thanks for making my day😂
I did have the grades to do so... I just didnt apply to unis because of their ranking (thats stupid as hell imo).I did finish year 1 in
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4839022

who's deluded now? get lost loooooool

I thought you didn't care so much about rankings. smh 😂😂😂😂😂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (39)
7.59%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (299)
58.17%
No (176)
34.24%

Watched Threads