Help choosing first year elective?

Watch
username4183328
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I'm going to be doing Physics 1 (Semester One), Maths 1R (Semester One) and Maths 1S (Semester 2). I'd like to do something with a smaller work load and more enjoyable for Semester 1, then maybe take on something a bit heavier for semester 2? I'm considering a career in Medicine or Medical Physics, so I want a really great transcript.

Here's my options:

-Biology (1A) (S1)
-Biology (1B) (S2)
-Introduction to Finance, Investment and Institution (S1)
-Introductory Economics (S2)
-Communism and its Collapse (S2)
-Theological and Religious Studies
-Introduction to Business Report and Financial Accounting (S2)
-Psychology 1A (S1)
-Psychology 1B (S2)

I have A (English), A (Maths), A (History), A (Modern Studies), A (Physics), B (Chemistry) and B (Human Biology) in Scottish Highers. I think I'd meet the entry requirements for all of my options.

Thanks!
SChis001
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by blue.stripes)
So I'm going to be doing Physics 1 (Semester One), Maths 1R (Semester One) and Maths 1S (Semester 2). I'd like to do something with a smaller work load and more enjoyable for Semester 1, then maybe take on something a bit heavier for semester 2? I'm considering a career in Medicine or Medical Physics, so I want a really great transcript.

Here's my options:

-Biology (1A) (S1)
-Biology (1B) (S2)
-Introduction to Finance, Investment and Institution (S1)
-Introductory Economics (S2)
-Communism and its Collapse (S2)
-Theological and Religious Studies
-Introduction to Business Report and Financial Accounting (S2)
-Psychology 1A (S1)
-Psychology 1B (S2)

I have A (English), A (Maths), A (History), A (Modern Studies), A (Physics), B (Chemistry) and B (Human Biology) in Scottish Highers. I think I'd meet the entry requirements for all of my options.

Thanks!
I would think biology might be a good option because you said you're into medical physics? It's up you though. I actually don't whether to do maths r and s or maths x and y as I have already done the advanced higher maths course and meet the requirements. I'm doing chemistry as a degree so i don't know if doing a harder maths course would actually help (I also chose physics1).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (398)
56.29%
I don't have everything I need (309)
43.71%

Watched Threads