Will we get told who our flatmates are before uni starts?

Watch
wiscon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I've been accepted for Wessex accommodation, however was just wondering if we will be told who is going to be in our halls/flat so we can get to know eachother/ start a group chat before uni starts. Thanks
AmyAmy123
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The uni won't tell you who's in your halls but if you find and join the Reading uni freshers 2018-19 Facebook group usually all of the halls have separate pages which are linked from there and once you know what flat you are in you can find other people who are there too and start a group chat
wiscon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by AmyAmy123)
The uni won't tell you who's in your halls but if you find and join the Reading uni freshers 2018-19 Facebook group usually all of the halls have separate pages which are linked from there and once you know what flat you are in you can find other people who are there too and start a group chat
(Original post by wiscon)
I've been accepted for Wessex accommodation, however was just wondering if we will be told who is going to be in our halls/flat so we can get to know eachother/ start a group chat before uni starts. Thanks
Thank you! Do you have any idea when we get told our room numbers?
AmyAmy123
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thank you! Do you have any idea when we get told our room numbers?
Honestly can't remember (I wasn't a fresher two years ago now) but we definitely found out at least a few weeks before freshers so maybe end of august/start of September? But there are usually big group chats for the entire of your halls beforehand people find out rooms
UniofReading
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hello!

Congratulations on your offer and hope you are looking forward to studying at the University of Reading!

You will be told your flat number, and then if you go to the University Freshers page on Facebook you can either post in there or find a post that is related to your flat in Wessex. Usually from that people will contact you. If not, don't worry, because you have plenty of time over moving in weekend and Freshers fortnight to get to know each other! I didn't know my flat before I moved in but it was super easy to get to know each other.

I remember getting my room number a couple of weeks before I started at the university. For me, my information was E10.6 as I was in E block, flat 10 and room 6 (as it's often quite confusing which number is your room number!) This was for Bridges Hall so will be slightly different for Wessex.

Hope this helps and do get in touch if you have anymore queries!

Alice
Food science student
Risk08
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Some Unis have a system to see who you're with but not many.
Ma5tro
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm in Wessex too and I've been trying to find people in my flat but its super difficult. With Brighton uni last year I just found everyone on the accommodation page on Facebook... Mine says WSXS43... so I'm guessing thats flat 43 or something... :/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.64%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.69%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (57)
27.01%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.43%

Watched Threads