Identity comparison Kamikaze and The Emigree Watch

GemGoth
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
In order to be ready for year 10,we were set holiday homework in which we had to make plans for different exam questions and I don’t know how to approach these two/make a plan for them:

-Compare the ways poets present attitudes to identity in ‘Kamikaze’ and one other poem from ‘Power and Conflict.’

-Compare the ways poets present ideas about loss and absence in ‘The Emigree’and one other poem from ‘Power and Conflict.’
entertainmyfaith
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
both TE and kamikaze explore the issue of identity- kamikaze looks at identity from the pov of a japanese pilot weighed down by expectations + traditions within that culture whereas in TE the speaker is looking back at personal memories of her homecountry, and her view of the place she left.

moved to english forum
entertainmyfaith
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
when i made my poetry plans i listed the common themes, then did an outline of an intro. i then looked at the different aspects of the poem- tone, structure and language. i bullet pointed my notes under each of these different aspects, adding quotes when necessary and highlighting them. context, if relevant i'd also add a little pointer to. once i did all the notes i did a basic outline of a conclusion.
GemGoth
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
when i made my poetry plans i listed the common themes, then did an outline of an intro. i then looked at the different aspects of the poem- tone, structure and language. i bullet pointed my notes under each of these different aspects, adding quotes when necessary and highlighting them. context, if relevant i'd also add a little pointer to. once i did all the notes i did a basic outline of a conclusion.
Thank you so much,your ideas have really helped
entertainmyfaith
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by GemGoth)
Thank you so much,your ideas have really helped
no problem, if you need any help or would like to see any of my plans feel free to ask
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (220)
23.63%
Pop (231)
24.81%
Jazz (35)
3.76%
Classical (56)
6.02%
Hip-Hop (174)
18.69%
Electronic (62)
6.66%
Indie (153)
16.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise