Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am applying for biomedical science at the following unis:
queen Mary uni
surrey uni
reading uni
kings college uni.

I am starting year 13 this september and have no work experience related to biomedical science. I have no lab + hospital work experience and I have to send my application off in october.

I have done work experience and volunteering with charities and at a primary school, but never done a lab placement.

my school allow students to do EPQ in year 13, so I am thinking of doing that.

DO you think I will be accepted despite my lack of work experience or does it not matter?
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by curious5755)
I am applying for biomedical science at the following unis:
queen Mary uni
surrey uni
reading uni
kings college uni.

I am starting year 13 this september and have no work experience related to biomedical science. I have no lab + hospital work experience and I have to send my application off in october.

I have done work experience and volunteering with charities and at a primary school, but never done a lab placement.

my school allow students to do EPQ in year 13, so I am thinking of doing that.

DO you think I will be accepted despite my lack of work experience or does it not matter?
You don’t need work experience for an academic degree like biomed and unis know that it’s difficult to get it. Focus on your specific academic interests in the subject and how you developed them.
curious5755
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by alleycat393)
You don’t need work experience for an academic degree like biomed and unis know that it’s difficult to get it. Focus on your specific academic interests in the subject and how you developed them.
Thanks!
people around me have been telling me different things, so that has been stressing me out lately.

there is always someone telling me applying to medicine related or biomed degrees will not be possible without work experience.

may I ask what you are studying?
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by curious5755)
Thanks!
people around me have been telling me different things, so that has been stressing me out lately.

there is always someone telling me applying to medicine related or biomed degrees will not be possible without work experience.

may I ask what you are studying?
Medicine yes. Biomed no. You only need work experience if you are applying for a vocational degree.

My days of studying are long over but my education profile is in my signature
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (211)
53.15%
No (186)
46.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise