username4217314
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi there, just wondering if anyone’s got any tips on becoming an RAF pilot straight out of college, is it worth doing a level 4 apprenticeship with the RAF to stand you in better stead? And also wondering what squadrons you’re allocated into, and does flying the Voyager give you an A330 type rating for commercial aviation?
Alstair
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Tombreeze)
Hi there, just wondering if anyone’s got any tips on becoming an RAF pilot straight out of college, is it worth doing a level 4 apprenticeship with the RAF to stand you in better stead? And also wondering what squadrons you’re allocated into, and does flying the Voyager give you an A330 type rating for commercial aviation?
I would recommend asking the question in the Armed Forces Career forum on the Student Room to get a better answer. Also if you want the information directly from the horse's mouth then I would advise going directly to an Armed Forces Career Centre if there is one near you as they will be more than able to handle any questions that you may have.

https://www.raf.mod.uk/recruitment/recruitment-centres

You can find the nearest one using the link above. Also you are able to contact them by email, live chat and phone with the information also on the webpage on the link I've attached. Hope that helps
RAF_Adam
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Tombreeze)
Hi

As long as you meet the entry requirements for the role and the eligibility criteria listed on the website you'll be able to submit an application and have the same chance as everyone else who applies. It's how you do at Officer and Aircrew Selection that will determine whether you get to be a pilot in the RAF. Leadership and teamwork experience will be very useful to have as part of your application. You're applying to be an Officer so expected to show maturity and leadership qualities.

The RAF decides which type of aircraft you'll fly (Fast Jet, Multi-Engine or Rotary), you can give a preference, but there are many factors that will determine that and the RAF will have the final decision.

Adam
RAF Recruitment
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (9)
8.91%
Disagree (5)
4.95%
Neither agree or disagree (32)
31.68%
Agree (40)
39.6%
Strongly Agree (15)
14.85%

Watched Threads