Zenxxxx
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,
I got my results for my A levels a few days and I did not do well at all I was far away from my goals to do a biomed degree as I wanted to do medicine at graduate entry medicine. However, I did get offered to do a foundation year before trying to progress onto a biomed degree but if i do graduate entry medicine they will still look at me devastating A level grades and I got ADE which is not good at all I am confused on whether i should resit or progress onto my degree.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Zenxxxx)
Hi,
I got my results for my A levels a few days and I did not do well at all I was far away from my goals to do a biomed degree as I wanted to do medicine at graduate entry medicine. However, I did get offered to do a foundation year before trying to progress onto a biomed degree but if i do graduate entry medicine they will still look at me devastating A level grades and I got ADE which is not good at all I am confused on whether i should resit or progress onto my degree.
Do a pros and cons and ask if better A level grades will help you.

Be warned only a handful of medical schools will accept resits, especially if there were no extenuating circumstances. They really dislike resits.
You can try for one of those by resitting. It will be competitive.

You can try the biomed transfer route, but i suggest you talk to a few students who have done it. Not easy and you will need high marks.

As for your parents they are going to have to realise that entrance to straight medicine has mostly passed and they can help with their views on a decision.
They should support you and you can only make the best decision in the situation you are faced with and not some fantasy one that may never happen.
If they wont help then ignore them.

If you resit and do well then any number of biomed degrees will become open to you.
Your choice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (126)
18.1%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.59%
Not great so far... (250)
35.92%
I want to drop out! (128)
18.39%

Watched Threads