The Student Room Group

Where/how to retake A-levels?

So the sixth form I've attended for the past 2 years isn't willing to accommodate resit students. I can't afford to go to an independent college and not really sure if complete independent study will end up very well.
Will local state colleges/sixth forms allow me to study part time there as a student..? stuck on what to do...
Original post by R2-D2
So the sixth form I've attended for the past 2 years isn't willing to accommodate resit students. I can't afford to go to an independent college and not really sure if complete independent study will end up very well.
Will local state colleges/sixth forms allow me to study part time there as a student..? stuck on what to do...

Local state FE Colleges should accommodate this. Give them a ring and ask :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Blue_Cow
Local state FE Colleges should accommodate this. Give them a ring and ask :smile:

Do I have to find a college that does the same exam board for the subjects I'm retaking? I'm finding that quite difficult.
If you had teachers at sixth form who were willing, you can always email them periodically. (provided that you still can obtain their email addresses of course).
Reply 4
Original post by MajorFader
If you had teachers at sixth form who were willing, you can always email them periodically. (provided that you still can obtain their email addresses of course).

Yeah that's also an option but I just don't think that'll be of much help. I guess them sending resources back and forth would be good but electronic contact is only useful to some extent.
I just think having help in person would be better personally! idk
Have you considered getting a tutor? I'm not sure how much it would cost but it should be cheaper than private colleges.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending