captainkas
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hiya,
So I had a curveball earlier this week when I slightly missed my Cambridge offer to study Law (got AAA instead of A*AA), and now I’m unexpectedly off to Exeter this September. I’ve really come round to the idea of going there instead and I’m actually a bit relieved because it will be less pressure than my first choice. Anyway, obviously this has all been a bit of a shock, but it’s caused me to reflect on what I really want to get out of uni and if I truly want to study Law as a degree. I did Classical Civilisation at A Level and enjoyed it a lot, so I’m thinking about seeing if I can switch course to either Ancient History and Archaeology or Classical Studies once I get to Exeter. I didn’t do Latin or Ancient Greek or anything so doing straight Classics isn’t an option. I just know that I can always do a GDL/Law conversion after uni if I still want to go into that career, and I don’t want to regret missing an opportunity to study something I’m passionate about.
What do you think? Is Exeter at all flexible with people changing course in 1st year? Is it a bad idea to change my choice of degree at this point? If you do the Ancient History and Archaeology course, is it fun?
Advertisement
MidnightRanger
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey, I'm not at uni but I've done quite a bit of research as I want to do CAAH at university. I don't see why you won't be able to change your course when you get to Exeter and I'm sure that you're not the first or only one doing it. As for changing at this point, it's never too late; you don't want to be spending time and money on a degree that won't make you happy, if you're really interesting in doing CAAH or another classics degree like it then do it as you've said you can always take a conversion course. And I'm sure that if you love the course and the subject that you'll find it interesting. Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (195)
58.38%
I don't have everything I need (139)
41.62%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise