The Student Room Group

GoSkippy car insurance - Is it any good?

They are the only car insurer offering me a low deposit of £200 and they have quoted me roughly £2600 for third party, fire and theft. The policy does not include a black box either which is a bonus.

The other insurer I've been considering is Debenhams car insurance as well but the reviews are not looking too good.

I'm quite sceptical about this insurance due it being cheap, can anyone provide insight on whether it's any good? Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by squirrology
They are the only car insurer offering me a low deposit of £200 and they have quoted me roughly £2600 for third party, fire and theft. The policy does not include a black box either which is a bonus.

The other insurer I've been considering is Debenhams car insurance as well but the reviews are not looking too good.

I'm quite sceptical about this insurance due it being cheap, can anyone provide insight on whether it's any good? Thanks.

Why TPFT?
Original post by IWMTom
Why TPFT?

I went with Admiral in the end and chose their Comprehensive policy...
Reply 3
I went with Admiral in the end and chose their Comprehensive policy...

Good choice! :smile:

Yeah, you can play around with the admiral quoting system quite a lot. I went with them in the end too.

What car are you insuring if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by Joshyouare
Yeah, you can play around with the admiral quoting system quite a lot. I went with them in the end too.

What car are you insuring if you don't mind me asking?

Citroen C3 Pluriel 2004 convertible 1.6l 2dr

Yeah! I had like 65 active quotes and chose the best one, the best quote I got from them was 3902 but then it rose to 4080 because I had added on additional things such as motorway cover and personal injury cover.

Yeah! I had like 65 active quotes and chose the best one, the best quote I got from them was 3902 but then it rose to 4080 because I had added on additional things such as motorway cover and personal injury cover.

I see, have you been banned from driving or anything? That price seems extortionate.
Original post by Joshyouare
I see, have you been banned from driving or anything? That price seems extortionate.

Nah, I passed my test last week Monday meaning I've only had my license for a week + It's because it's a convertible, they tend to be more expensive to insure and I've just turned 19 as well. I previously did a quote on a Renault Clio and it only came up to roughly £2200 per annum.
Reply 8

What on earth is motorway cover?!
Original post by IWMTom
What on earth is motorway cover?!

My mistake. I meant breakdown cover.
Nah, I passed my test last week Monday meaning I've only had my license for a week + It's because it's a convertible, they tend to be more expensive to insure and I've just turned 19 as well. I previously did a quote on a Renault Clio and it only came up to roughly £2200 per annum.

Yeah, I got mine with admiral a few days after I passed my test, and payed 1300 without a box. Baring in mind I did play around with the quote a lot and seen as I have worked in insurance I know what they look for.

You would be surprised actually, some of the convertibles are extremely cheap to insure, the renault wind for example was one of the cheapest cars I found for insurance at about 1100 (with a box).

Quick Reply

Latest