The Student Room Group

boyfriend suddenly wants nothing to do with me?

we've just come back from holiday and were due to move in together in 2 weeks, last night he told me he no longer loves or likes me and wants nothing to do with me..

i had made him some little envelopes with notes in them because he said he felt i wasn't appreciative enough of him, he didn't even open those just ripped them up and blocked me everywhere. i have no idea what to do or say as we've been together 3 years and I'm just not sure how to deal with him

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
we've just come back from holiday and were due to move in together in 2 weeks, last night he told me he no longer loves or likes me and wants nothing to do with me..

i had made him some little envelopes with notes in them because he said he felt i wasn't appreciative enough of him, he didn't even open those just ripped them up and blocked me everywhere. i have no idea what to do or say as we've been together 3 years and I'm just not sure how to deal with him

I would find such behaviour childish. If you arent living together then just give him space. Dont chase or try and make contact.

Moving in where? Whose name is on the tenancy?

If he doesnt want to talk after 2 weeks then dump him. he wants attention so dont give it him.
Reply 2
I second the "do not chase" advice. Don't give him the power. If he wants to come back, he will. If not, he's probably saved you a headache. as harsh as that sounds. His behaviour is very childish and irresponsible.
Reply 3
Original post by asif007
He's probably fed up of your BS. You might have had a lovely holiday, but he might have been stressed out of his mind because of you. I don't blame him for losing his patience with you.

Excuse me??? Who are you to judge her? You don't even know her, let alone the way she treats him. I find your comment extremely rude and offensive. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Maybe it’s not meant to be. Don’t stress over it he has obviously has had a change of heart don’t let him make you feel like **** don’t give anyone the power to do that and you will probably be upset that things haven’t worked out but you can go and find mrs right now!
Original post by asif007
He's probably fed up of your BS. You might have had a lovely holiday, but he might have been stressed out of his mind because of you. I don't blame him for losing his patience with you.

This comment doesn't even make sense
Move on he sounds like crap anyways.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by asif007
Let me put it to you in words you will understand (hopefully).

Girl goes on holiday with boyfriend but most likely gave him endless BS the entire time
Girl has a lovely holiday, totally oblivious to how she is treating boyfriend. He probably had the worst time of his life
Boyfriend gets fed up and wants nothing more to do with her. Girl wonders why, cos she's a girl and thinks she has done nothing wrong

This is called reading between the lines. You should learn how to do it.

That's why no girl will ever want you. Hell, no man would want you, either.
Original post by asif007
Let me put it to you in words you will understand (hopefully).

Girl goes on holiday with boyfriend but most likely gave him endless BS the entire time
Girl has a lovely holiday, totally oblivious to how she is treating boyfriend. He probably had the worst time of his life
Boyfriend gets fed up and wants nothing more to do with her. Girl wonders why, cos she's a girl and thinks she has done nothing wrong

This is called reading between the lines. You should learn how to do it.

That's not what I meant and you know it

There's not nearly enough information in the OP to be able to deduce any of that, you have no way of knowing what their relationship was like so to assume she was giving him grief all the time from absolutely no evidence is ridiculous

I don't know which girl hurt you in the past but it's really time to move on
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Ciel.

Relationships have no importance in my life, so your point is moot.
Original post by Chrisx1
Excuse me??? Who are you to judge her? You don't even know her, let alone the way she treats him. I find your comment extremely rude and offensive. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Original post by Ciel.

YOU TELLL HIM, love to u both x
Reply 11
Bin him luv, you good luv.
Don't need to be tolerating his childish behaviour like others have said. He's being very pathetic tbh.
He ain't worth it.
Original post by asif007
Tell me yourself, loser. :tongue:

nah
i would think that after 3 years he would be willing to sit down and talk about whats gone wrong enough for him to end the relationship. If he isn't capable of this then he is not worth hanging on for as he is not ready for a long term relationship.
Sounds like he is not ready for commitment at all. The whole moving in together thing probably scared the **** out of him. I agree with the others in don't waste your time chasing him and leave him alone. If he doesn't contact you back in 2 weeks just be done with him altogether.
Original post by asif007
Exactly, that's what I thought. Go pray.

ngl, I think you need to work on your mindset and how you approach people
Good dayyy xo
Reply 16
Original post by Ciel.

You are in no place to judge others with the state of your own thread.
Original post by asif007
Jog on, little girl. IDGAF what you think.

LOOOOL so that’s why you tried moving to me and called me fit on my wall, but I cancelled you anyways so really
Ur just embarrassing yourself now
Reply 18
Why has only one person considered it may be OP's fault?

I wouldn't force that opinion but we can't only say "ignore him, move on you are better". OP needs to think about their behaviour and see if that may be the case.

If not then I wish you well OP, but both sides need to be looked at or this experience teaches you nothing.
Reply 19
Original post by Bio 7
You are in no place to judge others with the state of your own thread.

Hmm, and who made that rule? I can judge all I want, lol.

Quick Reply

Latest