The Student Room Group

What’s it like working for childline

Thinking of becoming a volunteer at childline and was wondering if anyone has ever been a counsellor and could share their experience?
Reply 1
Hiya, I've been a volunteer counsellor with Childline for the past 2 years. I consider it to be one of the best things I've ever done! You do have to put a lot of hard work into it e.g. with the initial training and ongoing training and also to commit to working one shift a week. Its given me so much in return though- more self-confidence and it is so fulfilling too.
Reply 2
Original post by kodakid
Hiya, I've been a volunteer counsellor with Childline for the past 2 years. I consider it to be one of the best things I've ever done! You do have to put a lot of hard work into it e.g. with the initial training and ongoing training and also to commit to working one shift a week. Its given me so much in return though- more self-confidence and it is so fulfilling too.

Thanks for your reply, I’m not sure how to go about volunteering or if I could deal with the difficult intense cases that you might get, is it often intense calls about abuse or are you given ways to distance yourself from the childs’ situation?
Reply 3
Hiya, I send you a PM about how you can apply etc. All I can really say is that, in my experience, the training and support have been so good so you're alone with that. And no, its not always contacts about abuse at all

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending