The Student Room Group

How do I come to terms with being extremely unattractive

Scroll to see replies

know that you are fearfully and wonderfully made.
We are all engineered for a purpose.
Reply 42
Well people are discrediting you because you are saying 5'9 is too short... that's average for guys in most countries - and above average in the two countries with over 1 billion people each.

As far as finding romance and love - you just need to be willing to not have high standards as far as who you are willing to get to know - many others who also are or consider themselves really unattractive wouldn't mind getting to know you. Some of the most unnattractive friends I know are the best by far over some of the really attractive friends I have. You can get to know someone who is a somewhat heavy set (not unhealthily so) or unnattractive in other ways - and you might be shocked at how amazing they are. And I've heard many times in my life that you become more attracted to the person physically once you fall in love, so even if yuo aren't really physically attracted to the person you meet - you are likely to be more physically attracted to them if you fall in love with them.

Also many people have fallen for someone in part do to them being so fine physically only to have that person later let themselves go - and then they end up with someone like the person you end up if you are willing to not be shallow and get to know guys (or girls) regardless of their physical appearance.
Original post by dinomite
dOnT assume 😩

You're too much fun for me
Original post by Profesh
Both are in fact the same person: me. Which, I think, rather affirms my point.

Yep you definitely look better in the second lot, it just shows how a different style and such can do wonders for some.

A lot of guys also get better looking with age according to various studies, depends on the face shape and such though, testosterone, facial hair etc all comes into play. The same can't usually be said for women though! Sorry females out there! :wink:
Reply 45
Add me vveroet and we can chat, I’m good with advice
You need to invest your money into a better GPU. Or perhaps change your HDD into an SSD to ensure that you have the fastest start up time. Or get more RAM.
Original post by _R_
so you speak three languages at least? must be really clever, that's attractive to me

Girls always say that but then when faced with someone like this they run a mile.
just think of all the really ugly people out there who are married to people delusional enough to think they're hot and have kids, and are also the president of the united states. there's someone for everybody.
and think of all the really attractive people out there who are delusional enough to think they're ugly; everyone has insecurities. one person's 2/10 is another person's perfect score.
you're stuck with yourself forever so you might as well love and accept yourself and grow confidence to benefit you. confidence is cute!! better ugly (according to yourself) and happy than ugly and wallowing in self-pity.
Get rich

Quick Reply