The Student Room Group

In love with someone twice my age

I dont know what the heck to do. I don’t know if it’s love or just something else!?! Help?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How do you know this person?
How old are you? Give us something to work with for the love of God
Original post by YaliaV
How old are you? Give us something to work with for the love of God

Nah don’t, it’s fun guessing.

im going with either 17 and 34
or 13 and 26
Original post by Andrew97

or 13 and 26

I'Il guess 4 and 8
Reply 5

or 13 and 26

jfc im not 13 but im not telling my age :smile::smile:
There’s nothing wrong with loving your parents.
Reply 7
Original post by RichPiana

i f*cking hate omg
It's probably infatuation and the allure of them being mature and therefore being able to protect you. Think about the future and how family life would work out and see how you feel. Wait a little longer, too, and if you're still feeling it, then maybe you're in love. Good luck.
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
I dont know what the heck to do. I don’t know if it’s love or just something else!?! Help?

If you actually want some meaningful advice then you're going to have to disclose your age.

you're already anonymous. what's the problem?

or 13 and 26

Original post by RichPiana

lmfao
Mood with Alex Vause, she's 38 and I'm 19.
Reply 12
Ya the biggest problem with someone twice your age is when it comes to having kids.... if you already have a kid then it's not that big a deal - if you are thinking you can do without having kids - trust me you can't make that decision 100% at your age... I absolutely could not have kids and a guy fell in love with me and tried everything he could to convince me he didn't want kids..... after we broke up he had 2 and they are the love and joy of his life
Reply 13
That also happens to me, I'm 18 and I fell in love with a 30 year old guy. I think the easy thing would be to think about daddy issues and I don't know but I don't think it has much to do with that tbh. For me it always has to do with what the other person can offer me, what can I learn from them, how fascinating they are for me. It's like there's no way I can find a person my age that I find as fascinating as someone with more age, and that's what I need to fall in love. Or I guess I'm just making it too idealistic and I should just meet more people my age 😂
If you don't know them that well i.e they're a celebrity, you talk online or they're in a position of power, it's infatuation

Can't give you much more than that unless you disclose your age and how you know them
Original post by ANM775
If you actually want some meaningful advice then you're going to have to disclose your age.

you're already anonymous. what's the problem?

I'd rather not disclose any more information other than the fact that this person has been in my life for a good 4+ years. i feel like i know them but i know that i dont know them enough and i cant get close to them because i'm scared. at this point i just want to get over them. I have had many crushes but it just doesn't feel right. i just need to stop thinking and stop being so anxious near this person :/
Original post by bones-mccoy
If you don't know them that well i.e they're a celebrity, you talk online or they're in a position of power, it's infatuation

Can't give you much more than that unless you disclose your age and how you know them

I can confirm that they're not a celeb or someone online.
Original post by Anonymous
I'd rather not disclose any more information other than the fact that this person has been in my life for a good 4+ years. i feel like i know them but i know that i dont know them enough and i cant get close to them because i'm scared. at this point i just want to get over them. I have had many crushes but it just doesn't feel right. i just need to stop thinking and stop being so anxious near this person :/

The fact you won't openly disclose the age of yourself and/or your crush is incredibly concerning and is going to make us all think (most likely) they are above the age of majority and you're not.

Please take my advice and move on. There's nothing to gain from being involved with someone who has such questionable sexual tastes to be attracted to a minor, but deep trouble and drama.
maybe hes rich lol
Original post by CTLeafez
The fact you won't openly disclose the age of yourself and/or your crush is incredibly concerning and is going to make us all think (most likely) they are above the age of majority and you're not.

Please take my advice and move on. There's nothing to gain from being involved with someone who has such questionable sexual tastes to be attracted to a minor, but deep trouble and drama.

Oh god it's nothing like that I can assure you!!!!!!!!!

I will most certainly take your advice "moving on" though so yeah. thank you, really!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending