The Student Room Group

My feelings for one girl is distracting me from pursuing other girls.

I really like a girl I met earlier this year, but she is in a happy relationship that I don't want to meddle with. The problem isn't with her though, it's the fact that I'm finding it hard to see any other girl in a romantic light unless they're basically a perfect copy of her. I use to say "oh, it's just my type," but I can't possibly be that picky.

I've tried pulling away from her, but it's difficult when she continues to message me every now and again. The prospect of simply ignoring her has obviously occurred to me, but I just feel rude.

I would like to find someone to be in a relationship with, but I feel like this girl is a distraction. What advice can you give me to try and forget about who she is in order to focus on who someone else is?
Reply 1
No girl will be 'like' her, accept that every girl is different in terms of personality and looks.

I would say the best thing to do is to distance yourself from her. Don't reply to all her texts and meet a new group of friends. You have to think about yourself here, she's the root of your issues and you can't keep her around of she's going to drag you down. If it gets to a point where you can't get her out of your mind then you'll have to cut her off.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending