The Student Room Group

My career choice

Hi! I'm currently in O levels and will be joining A levels next year. In A levels, I'll have to choose my subjects according to my career choice. I'm really confused between medicine and chartered accountancy. As a child, I was interested in chartered accountancy but my mum encouraged me to become a doctor and have science subjects in O levels. When I finally made up my mind about medicine, my sisters told me that I kind of had a passion for business and that I should choose my A level subjects wisely. I'm really confused now and I don't know whether I should think of pursuing medicine or chartered accountancy;-;please someone help!
Original post by aamna121
Hi! I'm currently in O levels and will be joining A levels next year. In A levels, I'll have to choose my subjects according to my career choice. I'm really confused between medicine and chartered accountancy. As a child, I was interested in chartered accountancy but my mum encouraged me to become a doctor and have science subjects in O levels. When I finally made up my mind about medicine, my sisters told me that I kind of had a passion for business and that I should choose my A level subjects wisely. I'm really confused now and I don't know whether I should think of pursuing medicine or chartered accountancy;-;please someone help!

Do something you'll enjoy. Cliche I know 😂
It's easy to feel 'pressurized' and that can cloud your own thoughts and feelings. Research any career paths and see what you like the sound of. From there you can see what you need to do to get there and then that can help make your decision.
I'm applying to do medicine so I can tell you that it is a lot of hard work right from the beginning. And I am sure accountancy is the same.
Reply 2
do something that you know you will be good at and u can see yourself doing it in 20 years from now.
as far as i know, many accountancy degrees dont look for specific subjects. some do but most unis don't. however many unis want chem and bio for med so i would suggest do that so that you have your options open. if u still havent made up your mind while applying for uni, then apply for both courses.

theres no rush.
Reply 3
Original post by aamna121

For accountancy pick 3 sensible looking subjects - maths might be a slight advantage. Maths, Chem, Bio would be fine for accountancy.

Quick Reply

Latest