Foundation year transfer to UCL or QMU

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
brickslayer
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi there,

I’m about to start a foundation year for Mechanical Engineering at City university and wanted to know if I can transfer or find a way to transfer to a Russell group university such as Queen Mary or UCL using the foundation year I am going to study and what will it take ?

My current situation is that I have taken three years of A levels and repeated As and my grades are as follows:

Year 1- external
Maths, chemistry, physics and French DDDA

Year 1(New sixth form)-internal
Maths, chemistry, physics and Further maths
C,C,A,E

A2:
Maths, Chemistry, physics and Fm
CECE

My A-level grades are not so convincing but I’m hoping to retake some in maths and French ( complete a level) as I’m completing my foundation year.

I have already applied to Queen Mary(rejected on results day) and UCL ( rejected ) previously via ucas and given my situation wanted to know if i would be able to transfer to UCL or Queen Mary following the FY.

I hope to achieve an A in maths and French and gain an overall of AAC including physics.

Could anyone suggest me what would be the best possible way to approach this coming year ??

Any responses would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!!!!☺️
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by brickslayer)
Hi there,

I’m about to start a foundation year for Mechanical Engineering at City university and wanted to know if I can transfer or find a way to transfer to a Russell group university such as Queen Mary or UCL using the foundation year I am going to study and what will it take ?

My current situation is that I have taken three years of A levels and repeated As and my grades are as follows:

Year 1- external
Maths, chemistry, physics and French DDDA

Year 1(New sixth form)-internal
Maths, chemistry, physics and Further maths
C,C,A,E

A2:
Maths, Chemistry, physics and Fm
CECE

My A-level grades are not so convincing but I’m hoping to retake some in maths and French ( complete a level) as I’m completing my foundation year.

I have already applied to Queen Mary(rejected on results day) and UCL ( rejected ) previously via ucas and given my situation wanted to know if i would be able to transfer to UCL or Queen Mary following the FY.

I hope to achieve an A in maths and French and gain an overall of AAC including physics.

Could anyone suggest me what would be the best possible way to approach this coming year ??

Any responses would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!!!!☺️
You need to speak to the universities that you’re interested in applying to and ask them whether they consider foundation year students.
Rolls_Reus_0wner
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
what happened then?
X
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (120)
40.54%
They're exactly what I expected (72)
24.32%
They're lower than I expected (104)