The Student Room Group

A bit of a pickle

I am from a very strict Muslim arab household and I fell in love.he is also Muslim but he is Bosnian so there is a culture difference he’s amazing and smart and someone I would love to spend the rest of my life with and he feels the same way my mother recently found out and blocked him off everything and checks my phone daily to make sure we are not in contact I love him and I don’t know what to do he says he’s in it for the long run but I’m scared that my parents won’t let me marry him I know many People will say why did you fall in love but I didn’t i kind of drowned init unexpectedly and its been the best experience of my life he’s a year younger than me despite being a foot taller I’m currently doing my GCSE’s anyone have any advice
Original post by Lucy202
I am from a very strict Muslim arab household and I fell in love.he is also Muslim but he is Bosnian so there is a culture difference he’s amazing and smart and someone I would love to spend the rest of my life with and he feels the same way my mother recently found out and blocked him off everything and checks my phone daily to make sure we are not in contact I love him and I don’t know what to do he says he’s in it for the long run but I’m scared that my parents won’t let me marry him I know many People will say why did you fall in love but I didn’t i kind of drowned init unexpectedly and its been the best experience of my life he’s a year younger than me despite being a foot taller I’m currently doing my GCSE’s anyone have any advice

You are very young, so realise strong feelings now may not last. It may seem like it at the moment but things change.

As you want to continue, then you are both going to have to get clever and learn a way of communicating that doesnt raise suspicion. I font know your family but if your mum finds out she could get your dad involved and then the community. Try not to antagonise them as you are living under their roof.
Do well in your GCSE and then A levels. get to uni and you can hook up there if your parents let you go.

At the moment you are vulnerable as you live under your parents roof and it sounds as though they will not take defiance lightly and they could make your life unpleasant or disown you. learn to exist for the long term. I think it is highly unlikely your mother will change her mind.

Dont sacrifice your education otherwise you will be in a real mess. It is more important than a bf.
Reply 2
Thanks you and I know we’re young but I can honestly say that I dont think I could love someone as much I love him as for my GCSE’s I work hard I’m predicted all 9s and 8s and so is he we work hard in hopes that in the future our work ethic could swoo my parents (his already approve and adore of me)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending