The Student Room Group

Warwick vs Queen Mary (QMUL) for law

I'm predicted A*AA and am looking to apply to UCL, KCL, Manchester, Bristol and either warwick or QMUL.

Other than the fact that Warwick is in the middle of nowhere and that QM is in Dodgy London, any other things I should know to make a better choice? ie: Warwick has no law clinic/ legal advice centre whereas QM has etc.

Do give me some advice on the other 4 choices of universities chosen as well. Thank you! :smile:

PS: I am an international student so accommodation is really important for me.
Should probably put Durham amongst your choices.
Reply 2
Original post by random_matt
Should probably put Durham amongst your choices.

Hey. Thanks for your reply! :smile: I wanted to, but annoyingly, Malaysia's Legal Practice Qualification Board does not recognise Durham's law degree. Thus, if I really want to go to Durham, I'll have to sit for the Bar instead of taking the Certification of Legal Practice - CLP (Malaysia's version of the Bar).
Original post by cherlyne
Hey. Thanks for your reply! :smile: I wanted to, but annoyingly, Malaysia's Legal Practice Qualification Board does not recognise Durham's law degree. Thus, if I really want to go to Durham, I'll have to sit for the Bar instead of taking the Certification of Legal Practice - CLP (Malaysia's version of the Bar).

I would probably choose Warwick over QMUL.
Reply 4
Original post by random_matt
I would probably choose Warwick over QMUL.

Any reasons for your decision?
Original post by cherlyne
Any reasons for your decision?

A) QMUL is hardly a high ranked uni.
B) London is a shithole, like all major cities. (opinion)
Hi! I'm also Malaysian who applied to do law in the UK. I applied last cycle so I am going to the UK in September. If you have any question just PM me! Also, if you require a 'safety' school I would apply to QM but Warwick has a better reputation in general. QM is a fairly new school so it's still building up its reputation. However, London is much livelier and has a huge Malaysian community so that's something to consider :smile:
Warwick since I personally wouldn't set foot in East London.
even tho QMUL may not have a great rep, it's ranked a lot higher and is probably a 'better' and more recognised uni in the viewpoint of firms.
either is fine tbh, warwick is a great uni, it's department for law compared to others like maths is weaker, but it's a nice area and lower entry requirements without lnat.
Reply 9
Warwick. A much much better and compact uni.QMUL is not just IN dodgy London, its dodgy itself.

Quick Reply

Latest