Turn on thread page Beta

How Do I become friends with a girl? I need advice for University watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been thinking and I realise that I've never had a close female friend. I can talk to any girl but to get close to them as just friends is hard for me. I don't know why.

I don't know how other guys do it and I do know that girls don't put the effort with me. I've also never had a gf at the age of 21 which is annoying.

On my course I don't have any close female friends or any female friends I can hang out with. It's only guys and always has been guys. I just click with guys in friendship but not girls.

Do I keep on texting them or call them to hang out? I feel if I do this I might send out a wrong message or they may reject me which I'm tired of already.

everyone has told me for years "be yourself" I'm not good its actually not nice to feel.
    being myself hasn't worked for YEARS streak! I can't keep waiting! whilst I'm young

Girls would go with guys to festivals in London as friends but I never get invited can someone help me please for university?
    please dont tell me to me myself or be patient. I've heard it so many times it doesnt work!

Other guys do it! why can't I?
    What are girls looking for them to be your friend enough for them to invite you for festivals or outside university in summer times too?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by LetsHaveFunLads!)
    I've been thinking and I realise that I've never had a close female friend. I can talk to any girl but to get close to them as just friends is hard for me. I don't know why.

I don't know how other guys do it and I do know that girls don't put the effort with me. I've also never had a gf at the age of 21 which is annoying.

On my course I don't have any close female friends or any female friends I can hang out with. It's only guys and always has been guys. I just click with guys in friendship but not girls.

Do I keep on texting them or call them to hang out? I feel if I do this I might send out a wrong message or they may reject me which I'm tired of already.

everyone has told me for years "be yourself" I'm not good its actually not nice to feel.
    being myself hasn't worked for YEARS streak! I can't keep waiting! whilst I'm young

Girls would go with guys to festivals in London as friends but I never get invited can someone help me please for university?
    please dont tell me to me myself or be patient. I've heard it so many times it doesnt work!

Other guys do it! why can't I?
    Let me what are girls looking for them to be your friend enough for them to invite you for festivals in summer outside university
    You treat them the same as you would your guy friends. If you text and call your guy friends to hang out then do that with a girl. It really is no different. Women are not some separate species with a secret code for friendship.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    To initiate conversations with girls you need to talk about clothes, food, cosmetics, what you did last night, what other people did last night, life at university, whatever special interests they may have etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    You treat them the same as you would your guy friends. If you text and call your guy friends to hang out then do that with a girl. It really is no different. Women are not some separate species with a secret code for friendship.
    I get you but. It's not so easy to break that bubble. I had guy friends too. They tolerated the kind of person I am. The way I joke. Thousands of girls won't do it. I make guy jokes. You say they're not different. No. But they're looking for a guy with a social circle. Have you had girls who are friends who would invite you OUT. Or girls who will take a selfie with you in the mirror without asking.

I can go to a guy and grab his arms and take a selfie. Most girls won't tolerate it. They'll report me to the rest of the girls and I'm put in the red zone to everyone
    I can a diick to guys and do anything and they've always tolerated. They said so themselves. "I'm a weird, but we tolerated it" do you see where I'm coming from ?

My TRUE friends told me. We tolerated you. "We advise you if you meet new people. You need to adapt and change! the way you behave, you can ask most people do you remember this guy? I would be a red flags to guys and girls sometimes

I thought being loud would break the bubble. It did to a certain case but it reaches a red flag if I don't stop

two years ago I wasn't well known I was quite but had no guy friends or girl friends.

There's something I was doing wrong or am doing doing. There is something I know it

There must be a general approach because

- I am bored with people. I have no patience is someone is boring. It's hard for me to stay if I'm bored
    - I used to put in the effort but that doesn't or didn't get me anywhere.

If you have instagram it's like, you're the person who doesn't get many likes on their post and gets unfollowed sounds silly but its true

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'étranger123)
    To initiate conversations with girls you need to talk about clothes, food, cosmetics, what you did last night, what other people did last night, life at university, whatever special interests they may have etc.
    Are you sure? Clothes ? I'm a guy you know that right ?

How do I become their friend. I can be their friend for a couple of weeks. Soon the energy dies and then we no longer see each other

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.