Best chip-resistant nail polish?

Watch
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I painted my nails about a week ago and unfortunately because of my job they were chipped to death after the first day. I'm constantly using my hands and handling boxes, buckles, shoelaces etc. so I use my nails a lot when at work.

Does anyone know of any really good nail polish that won't chip very easily? I use the base and top coat too for extra strength but it didn't help much.
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
I painted my nails about a week ago and unfortunately because of my job they were chipped to death after the first day. I'm constantly using my hands and handling boxes, buckles, shoelaces etc. so I use my nails a lot when at work.

Does anyone know of any really good nail polish that won't chip very easily? I use the base and top coat too for extra strength but it didn't help much.
When I worked in a lab the only thing that stayed was gel nail polish (the stuff that requires UV light to set). Wouldn't recommend it regularly though because of the UV light exposure but it's my go to for occasions and even my recent wedding
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
(Original post by alleycat393)
When I worked in a lab the only thing that stayed was gel nail polish (the stuff that requires UV light to set). Wouldn't recommend it regularly though because of the UV light exposure but it's my go to for occasions and even my recent wedding
Yeah I had these about a year ago and they lasted a good 4 weeks, loved it. Would I be able to do them myself at home or do I always have to go to a salon for it? I love having my nails done but I can't really afford going to get them done every month.
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Thank you so much! I'll make a note of these for next time I'm in town. Also thanks for suggesting cheap ones - I'm a student so I totally agree with having a limit on price!
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
Yeah I had these about a year ago and they lasted a good 4 weeks, loved it. Would I be able to do them myself at home or do I always have to go to a salon for it? I love having my nails done but I can't really afford going to get them done every month.
I definitely wouldn't get the UV stuff done every month! And yes you would need the salon unless you buy the equipment to do it at home. Otherwise as above any OPI.
GSedgley
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Barry M gel nail polish! It’s really good and there’s sometimes offers on too
OPI and china glaze are both good too, and like it’s said above I get them from TKMaxx and they are much cheaper there, around £3-£4
Another good one is Leighton Denny, however it is also an expensive one but I got a gift set out of a clearance for £7 (for 5 nail polishes) and they are really good too
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
(Original post by GSedgley)
Barry M gel nail polish! It’s really good and there’s sometimes offers on too
OPI and china glaze are both good too, and like it’s said above I get them from TKMaxx and they are much cheaper there, around £3-£4
Another good one is Leighton Denny, however it is also an expensive one but I got a gift set out of a clearance for £7 (for 5 nail polishes) and they are really good too
Thank you so much!
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For basic nail varnish, I'd found Revlon does the best non-chip one out of the drugstore brands. Gel polishes tend to last longer than your bog standard ones, you can either buy colours separately or get a top coat which you can wear over any colour.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (285)
56.32%
I don't have everything I need (221)
43.68%

Watched Threads